New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
5,184 Posts
Now why exactly do we need an engine hoist? I am planning on bringing my engine support if we are just pulling the trans the hoist won't be necessary. Well atleast I did my trans without one. But if you guys really feel it is necessary I can borrow my brothers but yes you would have to come out to waterford to pick it up.

To add like I said I did my trans without one and I had no help in doing so, ok sure I ended up with stitches but that was my own stupidity. Now a trans jack would be a great thing to have but again not necessary if we have a few extra hands.

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
Originally posted by: jrak123
Now why exactly do we need an engine hoist? I am planning on bringing my engine support if we are just pulling the trans the hoist won't be necessary. Well atleast I did my trans without one. But if you guys really feel it is necessary I can borrow my brothers but yes you would have to come out to waterford to pick it up.

To add like I said I did my trans without one and I had no help in doing so, ok sure I ended up with stitches but that was my own stupidity. Now a trans jack would be a great thing to have but again not necessary if we have a few extra hands.

I can just picture you laying under you car with a transmission laying on your chest and a cutup hand or such bleeding all over the place. But yout just happy becuase you got it removed...

·
Premium Member
21,035 Posts
Originally posted by: jrak123 Now a trans jack would be a great thing to have but again not necessary if we have a few extra hands.

I have one of those to! :rofl:

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Just need a 4x4 with chains to support your engine. The tranny is no problem to hold up. If I can hold up my CD4E, you can hold up your MTX-75.

·
Banned
5,184 Posts
Well in the case that you really think we need the engine hoist, I talked to my brother last night and he said we are more than welcome to use it. So let me know what you want to do. But that is one thing I can't fit in the trunk of the Cougar someone will have to pick it up.

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jrak: can I come pick it up sometime Saturday? I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. The original plan was to take the engine and trans out the top but if your engine support can stay with me for some time (1-2 weeks) then your method sounds a heck of a lot easier (with less to disconnect).

PM me with an address for the lift if a 2004 ford ranger can fit it.

·
Banned
5,184 Posts
That's fine yeah we can hook up tomorrow to pick up the hoist, and yes you can borrow my engine support as long as you need I actually still have the one I borrowed from a friend while I was waiting for mine to show up. And the engie hoist to for that matter my brother isn't in any immediate need for it.
MAP Here is a map give me a call and let me know when you plan to pick it up I am pretty much free until 9pm when I have to work at the bar. 248-891-5410

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.