New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I got new white Guage from Canada... SO I was happy with it but the one problem.. I read the guy who wrote about how to install the guages.. He say it pretty difficult because there will be so many things need to take off.. Also you have to be careful with the computer for the heater, gas, and miles because if you dont be careful, you will mess it up.. He say it better to go dealer to install it.. I dont know what I think of what he say.. LEt me know..

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Huh?

It's easy, I have taken my guages apart four times now. There is only two wire harnesses in the back of the cluster. Remove the needles, swap out the faces, put the cluster back in the car but DO NOT reinstall everything. Just connect the cluster without the clear cover, so you have access to the needles. Put the two top screws that hold the cluster in place on, so the cluster will not move on you. The tach is easy, just go into diagnostic mode and scroll to the RPM meter, then put the needle on the proper RPM. Fill the tank up with gas and put that needle back on, scroll to engine temp, if it is between 190-210, then put the temp needle so it points to the middle. I personally drive to do the speed, just scroll to digital speedo and hold at one speed, slap the needle in the proper speed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts