New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have been tryin to figure out why my rear speakers are whistling, and I have no clue why. Ok I have 2 amps in my car one powerin my 2 subs and 1 powering the 4 inside speakers. The only speakers that whistler are the 2 rear speakers, I have checked every ground and everything is connected right and all the grounds are good. If anybody has any suggestions im open to anyhting

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have actually taken the rear speakers out and wired them up outside the car and they still whistle. They do not whistle when the car is not running and when the car is running they whistle more when i hit the gas pedal.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
This is only if the cabin speakers are running off a 4-ch amp.!!!
The rear output from the amp has a problem...what is it?
Only way to find that out is to first switch the wires from the front amp output to the rear speakers to see if its a speaker problem.
If it does not whistle then the amp rear ouput has a ground problem in the internal points or RCA line input has a fault. From there on is either changing RCA's or amp itself. Other ways around this is wiring all 4 cabin speakers to the front output...but thats not good for power and ohm issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts