New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sony Cd Changer and whenever I change cds or have a gap of silence in between songs I hear a noise that whines along with the engine. I have yet to install my amplifier but I believe that noise will get real loud when I do. I have heard that this happens when you don't separate amplifier power and rca cables, but I know this can't be the problem, because I don't have an amp yet. Does anyone have an idea of what is causing this?

-Rob

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Line noise isn't only caused by the amp power wire. It will be caused by ANY power wire. Check to make sure that your speaker wires aren't up against a power wire. If they are, and you can't move them - just wrap the wire in electrical tape... That should help the interference a little. Besides that, there are also other things that create the whine... Do you have aftermarket indiglow guages? These will create a whine when turned on if not grounded correctly. Also, as was said - try to groung the stereo somewhere else. Maybe you have a bad ground. If all else fails, you can go to radio shack and get a line noise reducer - but they don't really work that well. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
i am not too sure about the hook ups between the head unit and the changer but if it a type of RCA cable and not like a patch cord you may want to try switching to more shielded thicker cable...definately check your head unit ground though...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts