New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 cougar with the V6, I replaced my intake tube and the front one that goes under the front cover, and the large breather hose for the rear valve cover, but there’s a 3rd it’s under the breather hose, it’s completely disconnected and have no idea what it goes to, the diagrams are vague and don’t tell you how to tell them apart, and most other threads are talking about the two hoses that go into the UIM behind the throttle body, any help??

· Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
27,704 Posts
There are 2 smaller ones that go to the front and rear valve cover vents. The third, larger one, feeds the Idle Air Control Valve, and connects to the pipe coming off the back corner of the upper intake manifold.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are 2 smaller ones that go to the front and rear valve cover vents. The third, larger one, feeds the Idle Air Control Valve, and connects to the pipe coming off the back corner of the upper intake manifold.
Ahhh okay, and the IAC is the thing that’s right adjacent to the EGR valve right? And Is there any specific location to the little connector that’s on the upper intake manifold? Or anything located next to it

· Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
27,704 Posts
Not sure I understand the question -

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive air manifold Electrical wiring

You can see the big bright blue hose on this example that shows exactly where theIACV hose routes. On a stock engine it's kind of molded into a zig-zag shape to create some turbulence, but this one's smooth obviously. The one that is traced in green goes to the front valve cover vent; there is a nearly-identical one in the back that is almost entirely hidden in this photo. You can kind of barely see it inside the kink of the IACV hose.

Reactions: NakaiCougarV6

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wai
Not sure I understand the question -

View attachment 82755

You can see the big bright blue hose on this example that shows exactly where theIACV hose routes. On a stock engine it's kind of molded into a zig-zag shape to create some turbulence, but this one's smooth obviously. The one that is traced in green goes to the front valve cover vent; there is a nearly-identical one in the back that is almost entirely hidden in this photo. You can kind of barely see it inside the kink of the IACV hose.
Wait sorry I misread your text, so your saying the smaller hose that goes underneath the IAC hose is a real breather hose

· Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
27,704 Posts
Connects to the nipple on the rear bank valve cover

1 - 7 of 7 Posts