New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pass the same two Cougars everyday on the interstate, and they have some shiny stock rims. I figured I'd try to make mine shiny, and searched the forums and saw that Eagle 1's Never Dull was recommended quite a few times. I used it on my rims, but it just left this white filmy residue on them. I know that there are different kinds of the stock rims, so how do I know which ones I have so I know which product to use on them?

·
So its begun.....
16,842 Posts
Originally posted by: Rikenbomb

Understand that BOTH wheels are CLEARCOATED.
Left and right or front and back? :shrug:

:cover:

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I think he mean't the two types of wheels. First of all, if you have either two types. The easiest way to figure this out is by wether or not u can see your reflection in the wheels. If they are polished then you should be able to see your reflection clearly. If you cannot see your reflection then it is the silver metalic flake. As for the eagle one, don't let the product sit for more then 5 minutes on the wheels when washing the car. If that doesn't produce better results, let me know.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm the silver metallic then. Sorry the first post sounded retarded. I did one wheel at a time, and I'm still getting this white residue. If I wipe them, it comes off, but it'll be back on there in a few minutes. I thought maybe I was using the wrong stuff and that's why it wouldn't come off. I guess I'll just try something else.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
with the silver metallic i used the eagle one mag cleaner, not the never dull stuff, they came out fine. Try that instead of the never dull, which was most llikely recommended for the polished wheels. If that doesn't work, get some chromes...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.