New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone happen to know which head unit will work with the stock 6 disk changer that comes in the back of the vehicle. I know for the "booming" bass I'm going to need amps and subs, but I've been told that the changer is proprietary and that no other head unit will work with it and that doesn't sound right.
Thanks

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
all you need is an RCA input in the back of it right?? or is itone of those things that puts out a radio signal and you just pick up on that? i didnt have a 6 disk changer, so im not sure how it works lol.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Originally posted by: JAMallott
all you need is an RCA input in the back of it right?? or is itone of those things that puts out a radio signal and you just pick up on that? i didnt have a 6 disk changer, so im not sure how it works lol.
Thats all well and fine that you have an input on the headunit -- you still need some way to control the changer, which isn't gonna happen :biggrin:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok...well if I can't keep my stock changer how would a Sony CDX-M850MP as the head unit with the CDX-757MX 10 disk changer work as a combo...still haven't decided on an amp and sub combo yet (open to suggestions).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts