Premium Member
5,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found out that I get a nice fat discount
on these..
so

Which infinity or JBL speakers should I get for
my coug..

Preferrably recommend something you've heard in the coug etc.
if I have to amp them thats ok too.

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
I personnaly have had Infinity, never in the coug, but I currently am running JBL P8652 and they are great. I love them. I'm powering them with the JBL PX300.4 and they match up perfectly... just my $.02

Dan

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I've got a pair of Infinity Kappa's and I gotta say they are super *bright* (reads harsh). The bass/midbass is great but the highs are over-bearing and tiring to listen to.

Go with JBL. You should get these -THESE.:hitit:

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ICE, I like that set up, seems reasonably priced too... :) front left is blown already...(or at least squeaks at lower volume)

as for the kappa's being harsh, I have a built in crossover in the headunit, so I could technically filter out, or soften them,
I used to have kappa's as well in my truck, seemed to work nicely with the rest of the system then.

Wandering... damn $700 for those..(although you'd get sick at my price)
I want to stay away from components, too much hassle for me.

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
The JBL's I mentioned, have an external crossover unit, all prewired, connect it to the stock wires, plug into the 2 inputs on the speaker and you're golden... I love mine, not too bright... and i've been using and abusing my system for a year now and still running strong :thumbsup:

I like the JBL line of amps b/c they all look the same, for instance my BPX1100.1 sub amp and it has the exact same footprint as my componant amp.

Dan

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Originally posted by: EricF
I think I'll go with the same set up... for about 350 I can get 4 and the amp..
Do you run all 4 in the cougar
My complete setup:

4 JBL 5x7/ 6x8 P8652
JBL COMPONANT AMP PX300.4
JL 13w7 SUB IN JL SEALED BOX
JBL BPX1100.1 sub amp
JL TWISTED PAIR RCA (1) 2CHANNEL XA-BLUAIC2-18 (1) 4 CHANNEL XA-BLUAIC4-18
JL AUDIO 2GA DUAL AMP KIT XA-PCS2-2
JL 12GA SPEAKER WIRE FOR ALL 5X7's XA-BLUSC12 8GA TO SUB XA-BLUSC8(I DONT USE ANY STOCK WIRING)

currently no head unit :cry: needed money... traded/sold it

Dan

·
Administrator
15,602 Posts
JBL makes some badass PA equipment...I have a set of JBL subs in my DJ rig that are unreal...if they're car equipment is anywhere near that quality, I'd go for them.

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Originally posted by: wadespencer99
JBL makes some badass PA equipment...I have a set of JBL subs in my DJ rig that are unreal...if they're car equipment is anywhere near that quality, I'd go for them.
I agree the JBL sub amp I have here are the specs:
1141 watts RMS x 1 channel at 4 ohms, 14.4V supply and ? 1% THD + N
1022 watts RMS x 1 channel at 1 ohm, 14.4V supply and ? 1% THD + N

and the JBL component amp:
123.5 watts RMS x 4 channels at 4 ohms and ¡Ü 1% THD + N
358 watts RMS x 2 channels at 4 ohms, 14.4V supply and ¡Ü 1% THD + N

Awesome amp. The whole power series is awesome b/c they teamed up with Crown to make them this year... you DJ'ing I'm sure you've heard of Crown. I'm very happy with these amps and speakers... they even have a small hole cut in each side to run wiring out for a neon inside the amp :)

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Side note- It's highly advised to buy these all from an AUTHORIZED dealer, not a run of the mill internet dealer. JBL/JL will not warrantee anything not sold by an authorized dealer. And the warrantee is well worth it, I had a wire come loose due to I didnt tighten it enough :banghead: well, when it came loose, it grounded and fried the power supply in the amp... took it out, took it back to where I bought it, sent it to JBL, JBL mailed me a brand new one they didnt refurb mine or give me a refurbed unit, this was a brand new one... :thumbsup:

Dan

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
harmon and Infinity are the same company...JBL is also technically the same company also. Food for thought.

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hehe, finally got around to ordering the stuff.. thanks again for the info..
maybe I'll install it sometime soon..
got a basslink T for the Tahoe too.

·
Registered
145 Posts
JBL!!!, i actaully have infinity's in my car right now and they are nice and clear, but my dad has more money than i do, and went all out with a jbl system and it is kick ass, and all of his p.a. equipment for his band is JBL so ive grown up on that ****

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well it only took 6 or 7 months to get the junk installed.. ;)
I really take my time... just in time to park the cougar for winter.. ;)

Sounds great, a little more fine tuning and a little wire clean up and I'm golden.(this is what I got)
P8652 x 4
GTO75.4 II

I'm going to dump my exsisting Pyle sub... as soon as I decide on one from
jbl/infinity..

But with winter coming I'll probably by 4 speakers for the tahoe now, the Basslink T went in there(cause it fits)

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
how do you like the basslink T?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.