0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Between the Kicker Solo-Baric L5

and The JL Audio W3v2

I'm trying plan for my future system.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Well do you want clarity symphony like JL or muddy hip hop like kicker?

Either way you could make either one sound the same. Depends on amp, enclosure, signal processor....but to have an opinion......JL audio is one of my favorites.
Kicker is good too, but the L series being square does not make it attractive IMO of course.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Spring for the L7 over the L5... its not too much more and its def. worth it...

Solobarics are the only way to go... screw W7's... everyone will bash me for saying it but if you tune a L7 12" and W7 12" im convinced the L7 will be louder... as i have seen it in person...

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
loud is one thing but being musically accurate has a little something to do with hatchback systems too. I chose the Rockford HX2 12" sealed, i could use a better amp with a real crossover but im VERY pleased with the way it sounds. lots of low end signals have mid-bass mixed in (at least in the music i listen to) and the rockford does a great job of not overpowering the mid-bass with boom.

Between the 2 def JL.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Yeah jason its nuts... right now im builing to Kicker L7 8 inch solobarics into a custom encosure with a Kicker kx800.2 to power the two subs and a Kicker kx600.4 to pump my 4 Boston Acoustic NX67 Speakers...

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree with the guy with the HX2's I have four 15's HX2's still installed until I get my 4 brahma II 12" installed Still working on a design for a box nothing semms to be working. But I don't like JL so if its between the two Solo Baric L7 all the way. Solo has the new 10,000 watts speaker out but need about 300 more dollars to gert just one anyone want to help me out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Personally i would go with the L7's i can get you a pretty good deal on them too.... i can have them shipped to my door at 220 a piece as long as i order 3 of them... if you want to know about other sizes prices let me know....
-jay

1 - 8 of 8 Posts