New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, all. I'm in the market for a new intake as soon as my tax returns get here, and I need some input. I have the Yodude dual exhaust, and was wondering what you guys suggest for an intake. The factors I am basing it on are:

1: Price
2: Overall performance boost
2: Ease of installation

Okay, so which one takes the cake?

KKM?
Injen?
Any proven custom contraptions?

GIVE ME INPUT PLEASE!

-dEEznutz

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
That is a hard one. The Weapoon R actually has a lower intake temp than the SCA cold air intake, but only by 20 degrees. The reason for that is the intake pipe is basically right beside the engine. If you got it jet coated, which I want to do, It would have the coolest intake temp of them all.

You also have to look at the fact that the Weapoon R SUCKS. There isn't much to it, BUT Weapoon R as a company does put the right parts in there or all of the parts for that matter and things don't usually fit right because it is a universal application, not car specific. I would recommend a SCA with a KKM and some kinda coating or insillation(sp) on that pipe. that would be the ultimate setup.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
You can't go wrong with the KKM

·
Registered
60 Posts
i love my weapon-r. very easy to install. and i cost 175

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just bought an injen intake and just put it on 2 days ago. I love it. Makes the car sounds better and it breaths better. It is easy to install. Comes with instructions or there were instructions in the how to section a while ago if you go look. Even without them you can pretty much tell what fits where.
The only problem is fitting the IAT in the little pipe coming off the intake as injen made the pipe too long so you have to cut it in half. I used a hack saw and it cut through like butter (took like 5min).
You can buy it at www.ptuning for about $150 or so with our discount of 5%.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
...or get the KKM and add the aluminum intake pipe from BAT. It looks cool and is jet coated. You can see a pic in my profile.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What do you guys think of getting the SCA intake and putting the Ractive Heat Shield Filter?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
captobvious, I can't get to your pics, so I'll look around to see if I can find that BAT pipe online. How much was your whole setup? I see you live in Vancouver, WA. Are you a fellow NECO Northwest member? I'm right across the river from you.

-dEEznutz

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I'm in NECO NW. You coming to the mini meet on Saturday? You can see it then. You should be able to just view my profile and see the pics. I think you can find them on the NECO NW page, too. What is the KKM, like $90? Plus $69 for the pipe.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I should've caught that from your NECO NW post. I was just tired. Anyway, Sat. at noon probably won't work for me, as I work Friday night until 7:30 Sat. morning. 12's way past my bedtime. I'll have to see it some other time. I can' tget through to the link in your profile, it might be these ****ty work computers. If you could e-mail me a pic, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
-dEEznutz

[email protected]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.