New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2k 2.5 Cougar (ATX) and I'm getting in some SVT parts (uim, lim (return rail), tb, ecu, & wiring harness). All seem pretty upfront to install, but I was wondering which injectors I would be needing. I'm not sure if I currently have a return, or returnless, fuel rail and I know I can get a set of 19# injectors from a '99 Mustang SVT fom free. Which injectors should I use?
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Drew

Mods: Injet CIA, Borla exhaust

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
you have a returnless but you say your LIM is the return style one? Not sure about that, but if it works you'll probably need the green 19# injectors.

Mike

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
You don;t need that LIM cause yours is the same as that...

The UIM, and TB will not need the SVT ECU or larger injectors. Stick with stock.

If you ever add the SVT heads and cams, the SVT ECU may be a good idea. Remember when swapping ECU's you need to Bypass the Pats system or have new keys made.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok...just to get things clear. I don't need to swap the LIM and ECU (keep original) , but do swap UIM and TB....right?
Any other opinions?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Why do you need the larger injectors? You list of mods seems very short to warrant larger ones.
Larger injectors do not mean more power.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Originally posted by: dlighthill
Originally posted by: CougarGT
Why do you need the larger injectors?
I thought it was necessary for the svt uim/lim.
Not al all. In fact it will just complicate things. Unless you run a SVT PCM, MAF trickery, or get a custom tuned chip, your A/F ratio's will be completely out of wack.

Use the stock 17lb injectors untill you have a need for larger injectors.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts