New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which indiglo gauges easy to install?

i heard some indiglo guages you dont have to remove the needles. so which ones are these?
i seen 2 types one reverse indiglo (where the numbers glow) and other where the whole face glows

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
On 99-00 Cougars, you can simply slide both the reverse glow and full indiglo gauges over the needles. On 01-02 Cougars, needles have to be removed no matter what gauges you try and install.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Honestly I wouldn't make an issue a simple as removing the needles the determining factor of which gauges to get. I did mine a few weeks ago, and recalibrating the needles is pretty simple. I recalibrated my needles driving around my apartment building. The hardest thing was getting up 20mph, and holding it steady, in between speed bumps. Next time I will just do it driving down the road. The other three needles are cake.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I have recalibrated 3 or 4 times, very simple to do. I agree, dont let that decide what gauges you get.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
yup.. needles are easy to recalibrate.. i'd recommend driving somewhere that you can go faster than 20 though.. you'll have better accuracy
but to recalibrate just go in diagnostics mode

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by: tad
yup.. needles are easy to recalibrate.. i'd recommend driving somewhere that you can go faster than 20 though.. you'll have better accuracy but to recalibrate just go in diagnostics mode
diagnostic mode - is that when all the warning lights and such come on but the engine is still off

1 - 6 of 6 Posts