New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which is better Superchip or Jetchip??? I can get a superchip burned here in town for about 240 dollars. I would have to order a jetchip or buy one used from one of the guys here on the forum.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Jet chips sucks a$$...

Superchips don't jave a very favorable reputation in general.

However, it all depends on the tuner. Custom live dyno burned chips are the way to go.

Diablo or Ford chips I think are your best options...

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Street flight is the ONLY place I would buy a chip from, lots of knowledge on OUR particular application versus a off the shelf generic tune.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Originally posted by: Kinger
Street flight is the ONLY place I would buy a chip from, lots of knowledge on OUR particular application versus a off the shelf generic tune.
but don't they need your car to tune the chip??? I just want something to improve my ATX a bit. I guess I could send them an e-mail. wouldn't hurt anything to ask for details.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
No they can do any, they have 1000's of base files to work from. Tell them your mods, and they can adjust to complete the transaction over the mail.

·
Registered
722 Posts
My opinion, Diablo. I've had mine for a while and i love it.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Originally posted by: CougarBalla2k5
Since streetflight is such a custom application wont it cost about 300 or more to get it done?
Slightly more than that.

Its worth it.
A chip is a chip. It contains data.

Its all about who TUNES the data that resides on that chip.
Another vote for Street Flight from me :)

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whats so bad about Jet chip..i wanted to get Jet b/c I was going to get the Venom 400 and it can be used in conjunction w/ the Jet chip..

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Originally posted by: Lionheart118
Whats so bad about Jet chip..i wanted to get Jet b/c I was going to get the Venom 400 and it can be used in conjunction w/ the Jet chip..
The jet chip is honestly as good as the venom 400 is -- both do literally nothing except the obvious. The venom 400 just adds more fuel, basically, and the jet chip doesn't really do anything...

Save your money, get the Diablo.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts