New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to do the IAT and ECT mods and need to run wires from the engine bay into the cockpit so i can mount the controls in there...how do i get through the fire wall and so forth?????

Nikolas

·
Registered
346 Posts
Take the fuse box off and drill throught the fire wall

·
Registered
215 Posts
Did it today without drilling anything, I don't like to make any permanent changes to my car. Anyway take out the cruise control box, back right corner of engine compartment. Below you will see a group of wires going through a rubber grommet. I shoved a coat hanger between the wires and rubber and then threaded the wire through the end of the hanger pulled it through and all was good. Hope it helps if you need more info just hollar Patrick

·
Registered
215 Posts
the cruise cont. box is held on by one 10 mm bolt and two guide pins. very easy to get out you'll see as soon as you look at it. On the 4-guage it could be possible, I mean there is room if you can move the rubber enough. With some long needle nose plyers or something like that I'mm sure its possible with enough elbow grease, just kinda be careful. Wish you luck cause if you can do it that wil mean I can when ever I get around to puting a system in there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.