New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live out here in the distant land of Salt Lake City Utah, and am looking in to turboing my coug. My question is, who currently sells turbos for our cars? I want a TURBO!!!!!!!!!!!:banghead:

·
Banned
1,329 Posts
street flight, they want $5000

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I know that street flight makes one, but I was wondering if there are more out there. Or if people that don't have the street flight, do they build their own? Or are there any more companies that make a system for our rides??:confused:

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Any performance shop can fab up the piping for a turbo kit install. It's actually very easy to do.

But them comes the tuning aspect of it all. If you get a custom fabbed kit, you'll need a way to get to work well. Many of the good places could do something for you via Chip tuning, if they have a dyno and a programmer on staff.

Honestly, you'd probably be better off just buying that kit. $5000 includes alot...

Also don't forget about the bottom end and the tranny...2 areas that could use some work.

Too many people think, they can drop $5K and be ok...but honestly they just wasted 5K. If you spend all that money and can barely utilize the minimal ability of what you bought, then why buy it.

I'm not sure your knowledge or skill level, but a "Turbo Kit" is basically just a bunch of pipes and crap. After that comes the fuel system upgrades, ignition upgrades, ECU tuning, Tranny upgrades, etc etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts