New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the title / subject says it all, does anyone know where the temp. sensor / sending unit is located? I have numbers that change but it doesn't seem very accurate. I wonder if I have a frayed wire or maybe mud or something caked on the sensor. In the morning it shows a low temp say in the mid 50s so I think it is approximately accurate, as the day goes on, the temp displayed increases and it seems to be within a few degrees of all of the electronic signs I see along the roads but in the afternoon, it seems way off, for example the display says 74 but it is 90 plus degrees outside. I have always assumed that it is showing the OAT like my GM vehicles do. Is it showing the interior temp?

I just realized that this was a possibility as I typed. I just recently acquired the car and don't have the manual. I did download it from Ford fleet but I have not read about the temp yet, I just assumed.

Thanks for any tips,

PDLarson

·
Administrator
24,476 Posts
It's under the front bumper on the driver's side, near the horn.

·
8,532 Posts
No, it's exterior temp. Note that you can mess with it pretty easily - if you're parked in a garage for example, then drive into the hot sun, it'll be a bit before it reads the correct temperature. Or if you're parked in cold weather, the heat from the engine can be enough to make it read a bit high until you get moving.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts