New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I need to get a full 2.5L SVT Contour Engine. where can i start looking?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
You can buy my whole SVT ;) but if you are looking for more power just get a 3.0L

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And there is the problem, idk what too do now, 3L or 2.5svt? Either way its not goona be good with my ATX. found a few svt's listed but am currently wonderin what i should do. I need money and i need an engine. Easy choice, the engine.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Little off topic....

A friend of mine was trading in his CSVT and we were stripping the mods off to transfer to my car. If we had more time we coulda swapped motors and I bet the dealers wouldn't of known. We were so close to doing so.

The engine was really nice in his car tho, sounded great, and gave the car just enough rumble.

·
Registered
377 Posts
And there is the problem, idk what too do now, 3L or 2.5svt? Either way its not goona be good with my ATX. found a few svt's listed but am currently wonderin what i should do. I need money and i need an engine. Easy choice, the engine.
talk to aircougar1 heard he dose some amazing things (hint ATX to MTX swap?) :rolleyes: thats what i wanna do, along with a turbo 3l of course :evil: not for a wile tho :tongue:

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
If shopping from recyclers, 3L blocks will be cheaper. Anything with an SVT badge carries a premium. I saw an SVT long block on Ebay for a ridiculous amount of money.

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
I paid less than $250 for my full SVT engine on Ebay (wth spun bearings) and put another 500 in to the rebuild with some aftermarket additional parts. You just have to search and search and you cna find good deasl

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
3L with svt cams, lim,uim,tb ftw. Will let you see the final result...Tranny swap as well.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Little off topic....

A friend of mine was trading in his CSVT and we were stripping the mods off to transfer to my car. If we had more time we coulda swapped motors and I bet the dealers wouldn't of known. We were so close to doing so.

The engine was really nice in his car tho, sounded great, and gave the car just enough rumble.
Wow. Screwing over the next owner of the car. Sounds like a great idea. :gtfo:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts