New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I remember that SHOSHOP made poly filled motor mounts. I was playing on their website earlier and couldnt find them. If anyone could point me into the right direction thatd be great. Thank you! Ryan

·
3L Install Maestro
7,864 Posts
I have an extra one I could fill and sell to ya if you want. Its the rear mount that bolts on under neath the car by the y pipe. PM me if your interested. I haven't seen any site sell poly filed mounts. SPmotorsports sells new SVT mounts and I didn't see anything on Sho Shop's site.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Sho was expensive when they did sell them if I remember correctly...metal was welded in.

I have a cougar front and rear mount with hard urethane...and an older front svt one also urethaned.
Let me know if you need em

I am also re-urethaning another new mount and will use new stuff which is very very hard.

·
3L Install Maestro
7,864 Posts
The stuff I just filled mine with was the 94A stuff from McMaster.com. Man that stuff turns hard. I might get rid of my energy suspension inserts and fill the front one also. Anyone ever compare the difference from Energy Suspension inserts to urethan filled? I would assume urethan filled would be better since it fills in every crack and is stronger.

·
Registered
941 Posts
You guys should read my post labeled "insanity goop"

Front mount will make a bigger difference with wheel hop...where as rear mount
increases nvh in the car.

I would at least urethane the front and make the front stiffer than the rear...or do both equally -yet the nvh will increase in the cabin.

·
Registered
941 Posts
NVH = Noise, Vibration, Harshness

Worth it since it gets rid of driveline lash inherent in stock cars.

Anyone want me to fill their mounts let me know
I only need to fill 2 mounts with my casting compound

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
It took an entire pound of 94A to do both mounts.

However I did cut out the flimsy stock rubber first. (big PITA but I had plenty of time)

I've felt rocks softer than this stuff when it dries... (actually think rubber coated steel)

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Ok, I do need the front one at least. How much to have one done and shipped to me?

Stiffer the better as I'm running N2O.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts