New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
you must go to your profile and set it so that you can see posts more than xxx number of days.... i think i'm gonna put this in the faq section also.

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
okay upon further investigation, there seems to be a problem with this... i set my profile to 1000 days and i still can't see them... kinda weird if you ask me, cause you can get them in a search but not while browsing.... i already let trevor know about it.

·
Premium Member
8,299 Posts
The board is "archiving" post older than 90 days. The board is setup to archive every night around 3:00AM and only archives those posts that are older than 90 days. This is done to keep the size of the messages table in the database at a reasonable size. Otherwise, the DB queries that run this board would take forever to run.

If a post hasn't been replied to in 90 days, are you sure you really want to be digging through them? Probably not.

If you are a moderator and have a post that you think is so good or so important that you don't want it archived, there is a "Don't Archive" selection in the moderator drop down. Only use this for posts that warrant such attention.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I would think that How-to's would be fairly useful not to archive if possible. People use them for a reference and I don't think posts get tons of respsonses in here.

S

·
0 Posts
I agree also. If it's possible to bring back the kkm svt conversion how-to by Bobnoxious, I would really appreciate it:)
thanks

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
it's there still yes you must search for it... trevor did mention he was gonna try to get them back, i would say it's still possible and if he sends me the new table schema i can definetly write the SQL for him, then if he would DTS the schedule that runs nightly i can modify it for him and make it to not grab the 2 forums (hard coded though)

btw: trevor this is a hint :)

·
Premium Member
8,299 Posts
Everything prior to Jan 1, 2001 was deleted due to an archiving misshap when I first starting playing with this option about 3 months ago. Everything else should be in the archives. When you are doing your search, be sure to select "Messages over 90 days old" from the drop down.

·
Premium Member
8,299 Posts
Archiving has been deactivated so that this will not occur. Hopefully with v3 of the board software, they will have an option not to archive an entire category. Until then, archiving will be disabled. Now, all I have to do is figure out how to unarchive what is already there :(

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
like i said, hook me up with the table schema and i'll write the SQL code for you to do it

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
is that why I had to repost a how to for taking apart the dash...? I had like 15 people contacting me for help so I threw one up there again...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts