New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing as I live in the middle of nowhere and have no local NECO group to join, have others to ask questions to, or look at their cars:

Where do most people place their neon lights inside the car? Is there a good spot to mount? I want ideas...

I like this look...are these under the dash?

POST YOUR INTERIOR LIGHT PICS!!!!! EVERYONE!!!

·
Registered
414 Posts
The picture you posted are exactly where I have two of mine. Then I have two more in the back seats running along the side of the car.

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Originally posted by: hamann
The picture you posted are exactly where I have two of mine. Then I have two more in the back seats running along the side of the car.
he'd like to know where exactly you have those two :tongue:

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I still have these things in the back seat. And a few under the dash. Nothing fancy. Oh yeah...they are LED's in the back, and some mini neons for the front.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Originally posted by: CougarKat
How difficult is it to place LEDs in the vents?
I don't have LEDs in my vents..I have Streetglow 3" mini neons. They are bright!

Mike

·
Registered
1,877 Posts

Leds, leds, leds. Cheap and damn bright.
This spring will have more interior done with new lighting.

Leds in vents aren't difficult at all. Just trial and error if you haven't done it before. Also depends on how many leds you put in there.

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
I have some close similarities to Seths plus more. I also have different configurations.

Overexposed night shot, interior night lighting only, no neons.

Standard night shot with underdash neons on.

Night shot with me in the car demonstrating some of my stuff at Hamillfest with my overhead 4 tube cold cathode blue tubes on in place of the stock interior door activated lights.

·
PLATINUM M0DERAT0R
4,995 Posts
Hey Excelcier, I tried to splice my neons to work when I open my doors, how did you do it? I just couldn't figure out where the sensor was for the door then I tried to splice into the over head lights themselves but nothing... couldn't do it.

Thanks, XtremeCougar. (John)

PS I'm finally replacing my Street Glow under my car after work.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Originally posted by: CougarKat
I meant in order to place leds or small neon tubes in the vents is it difficult to open it up or hard to reach up in there?

I am thinking there would be tubing or something and not easy to access
In order to do this you have to take your dash out. then take the top part out (hood). when you remove the top hood, the vents will be attached to it. this is where your Leds will go. Im assuming your neons would be placed there as well.. but dont quote me on that since i dont have neons in there.

you can see what i mean from the how to

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
I wired my neons to the overhead console center bulb 'bracket' and they come on when the doors are open. :shrug:

Mike

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
i have a blacklight mounted above the driver's feet, one 3 foot tube mounted in between the trunk lid and the back seats (it fits perfetly on the little ledges there), i used to have one 4 foot tube mounted right below the seat cushins on the back seats (that tube broke from passengers riding in the back), and i also used to have a blue neon light under a piece of carpet attached to the top of my sub box (and thats my old wimpy-ass sub in the pic). i also have some green LEDs mounted about the passenger's feet. and some strobe lights tucked in next to the seat and the center consel.

in one of the pics (the one from outside the car with my stupid-ricy-ugly LED exhaust tip also in the pic) you can kinda see the 3 foot tube between the trunk lid and the back seats. and in the pic with all the wires all over, you can see where i mounted my blacklight.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Sorry i dont have pics but i have my neons mounted with zip ties under my dash. There is a ton of stuff you can hang them on under there, just take a look around. On my last cougar i had the switch ran to the kick panel, down where the hood latch is. Its a well hidden place and you dont have to worry about any permanent holes when you try to sell it. Another idea for ya is neon lisence plate frames, ive seen them put under the seats and they work very good for lighting up the rest of the front and the back. IMO just hide them well, theres nothing i hate more then exposed neons, it just looks so much cleaner when you can see the light but cant see the actual tube.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts