New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title implies, I had a very heated argument about 2 hours ago after a freind of mine got wasted in his Mustang, I have never personally used Nitrous in a cougar, only in a mustang and an eclipse, I have always thought about 3/4 of the distance and at about 2k-3k rpm in fifth gear was the optimal placement for say a 30-50 shot. But in his club everyone is hitting it at like 5k-6k and like 7/8 for the total distance. Well we are going to have to wait a while to test both ways, but i wanted to get your opinions on when to spray is best. Thanks

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
You shouldnt spray in higher gears cause the engine will not run through revs as fast and Ive heard that that can cause problems. Best bet is above 3k rpms and not to spray for more than 15 seconds at a time.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
WOT from 3 to 6K is what I've read on other boards (non Cougar specific)

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Running a window switch to control and cut the N2O will help...Run it from about 3500-6200 RPM...

If you have the revlimiter raised...run it up to like 6500-6700 max...You want it to come on after the secondaries open and turn off before you hit the rev limiter (cut it before both the hard and soft limiters).

The window switch will save you an engine in case you miss a shift, or something bad occurs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts