New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....Make LEMONADE!!!!

In my search for a Visteon Front Lip, I came across a rather severely damaged one. These pictures pretty much make it look good. It had been damaged, reinforced with metal and rivets, bondo'ed and then broken again. I decided it was hopelss to fix this piece.

So, rather than throw it out...I made lemonade...and cut it up...and painted it. The results are here.

Let me know what you think.

By the way, Excelcier was the un-knowing inspiration for this. This is better than throwing out the whole piece.

--george

·
Registered
746 Posts
looks good man, the cut on the front looks a little off but it could be the angle but A++++ for trying something new and not wasting parts

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
wow... at first wasn't too sure about it, but the more i stare at that front view, the more i realize that the lines actually DO match up.
hard to describe... something about the top curve of the headlights and then the curve in the visteon pieces.

Nice work George! :)

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
when life gives me lemons, i make beef stew.... well atleast andy milanokis does

I could of fixed that front for you !! But im glad you didnt let that beautiful piece of visteon go to waste.

On a side note, i LOVE rio red paint... look how gorgeous it is in the first pic of your car...

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the nice comments, guys. The arcs on the lip are identical - I cut an ellipse out of paper that would match up with the lower and upper points that I could salvage where the break is. The image looks a little off balance because of the shadows. Yeah, it does kinda match the upper arcs of the lights...lucky me ;)

And, yeah, it could have been restored, but if you see all of the rivets on the back - most were starting to pop through the bondo on the front - and a piece was completely missing. Too much work and effort to fix. And having a full lip on for awhile now, I can tell you - these NEED to be flexible - I have to be very careful driving around town with my full lip. That's a concern I have with the CF repro that Craig is making...it won't be flexible at all.

Anyway, I like the way it turned out and will alternate between this and my full lip - depending on my whim :) And using this, it gives me a chance to get a good paint job on my full lip.

--george

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.