I love CougarFest!
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Year.. NEW COUGAR MEETS...

so when is the next one??

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
Ooh! OOh! I know when the next cougar meet is gonna be! February! At the Auto Show!
That's unless someone has an idea for this month... Although I think it's tool late to plan a January Meet..

We can TRY and do what we TRIED to do last January.... WHIRLY BALL!!!

Whirly ball is a game played in Bumper Car type thingies.. You use a curved scoop thingy, and try and get a ball in the opponent's goal. It's fun as Hell! So.. Who'd be up for it? Let's say... the 24th at around 7 or 8?

·
I love CougarFest!
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i am in for whirly ball....It was a lot of fun!

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Don't be surprised this place is dead, especially around this time. Once end of February and March start rolling around, you see a bit more activity as everyone's planning the summer out. :)

As far as being reminded of Whirly Ball and stuff, damn, I've been here over a year. Doesn't seem like it. Definately going to hit up meets this year.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Yeup I am back from Iraq got home mid November. Deactivated Dec 24th. Ill be back for good as long as I dont sign another contract, my unit is scheduled to go back in august.

G

·
Ahhh i'm back kind of my crap ass computer got fried and just got it back. Whirly ball is fun and since i know have no job i'm always free :)

·
Um...
3,283 Posts
Whirley ball could potentially be done in March... if we got a confirmed 10 people minimum. Because WBall is like $200 to reserve a court... with 10 players... So that would be $20 a person... and if I remember correctly, that's for 30 minutes. Maybe I'll start a thread and see if there are people that could for sure, for sure, for sure go.

ooh Paintball... know any good places? I'll try anything once, but have a feeling I'll walk away from that bruised and battered. :)

·
Super Moderator
22,394 Posts
There is a great field 5 min my house called Blast Camp. Its an old nike missle base, it would be better to do once it got warm out though. It really only hurts if the ball doesnt break. Oddly enough you want to get hit in the face, it hits the mask and you dont feel a thing. Just gotta clean it off.

·
Premium Member
14,377 Posts
hey count me in for the next meeting.

Wow whirley ball is still around. I remember having my 12th birthday party there. But if I'm going to go back there (and unless anyone objects), its going to be as drunk as my father on christmas (thats a joke by the way).

just my 2 cents on paintball, its frickn expensive. I can go but it would just take money away from the carbon fiber sheets I need to buy.

Another suggestion is Super Just Games (AKA the nickle arcade. you pay like 2 bucks to get in and all the new arcade games are nickels, and the retrogames are free, AWSOME time). Someones going to need to help me on the address, I just know how to get there. its alittle north in northbrook (??? it begins with a north, its whatever city the bulls have their training center in, if that helps).

~Terry

[edit, another idea, does anyone know if the great lakes drag strip still does the friday night thing where you get to race the local cop cars. I use to do that in high school]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.