New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah i got a flat tire today while driving home from school and drove on it for about a minute before i realized what had happened. i go to take off the wheel and can't get the thing to come off.. i unscrewed the 4 nuts and have been jerking the crap out of the wheel and it wont come off..

any ideas i need to get this thing on a donut ASAP...

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,977 Posts
BFH (Big F***in' Hammer), and smack it from the back side.

Or put the lug nuts back on loosely and drive a few feet.

·
Registered
223 Posts
did you try asking it nicely? i put this stuff on my lug nuts and the part of the wheel that touches the hub? maybe, i dont know the name. it keeps the metal from locking up and getting stuck, but it doesnt make the wheels slip.

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Originally posted by: sidkid
did you try asking it nicely? i put this stuff on my lug nuts and the part of the wheel that touches the hub? maybe, i dont know the name. it keeps the metal from locking up and getting stuck, but it doesnt make the wheels slip.
Anti-seize
Buy it. Use it. Love it. (Not literally)

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
How to remove a stuck wheel:
1. Position yourself in front of wheel
2. Get into a crab like position(You know with your butt on the ground and you hands behind your back)
3. Kick the bottom or top edge of you wheel/tire with the bottom of your foot
4. Repeat step 3 if necessary
5. Remove the now loose wheel.

Damn that is a good how-to. It should get stickied or something! :rofl:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah after hitting it with the huge hammer one finnaly came off. put the sparrie on it and took it to some tire place.. they tried to take the other one off but couldn't so i actually did the crab kick a few times but then had to turn to a donkey kick which is
1. standing infront of the wheel but face the other way
2. lifting one leg up in the air.
3. kicking back towards the wheel as hard as possible.

the guy told me something about the crap getting stuck together and blah blah blah. if i where chuck norris i would of just punched it.

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
It'll be fine as long as you use a big [censored]ing rubber hammer and you don't knock off any of the wheel weights. Don't use a steel or any kind of hard hammer. Bad things will happen. And if your only choice is a steel hammer, then make sure you hit only the tire.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I had to lie with my back on the ground and kick with both feet to bust it loose once. I had tried lube and I had heated up the flange with a propane torch beforehand.

I wouldn't recommend hitting the tire with a hammer, you'll risk damaging the tire or breaking the bead. Put a thick soft piece of wood on the edge of the rim and hit it with a heavy hammer if you must. But kicking really works better.

I smothered brake caliper anti-sieze all over the mounting surface afterward, never had the problem again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.