New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok am having a wheel bearing issue!

i had 3 wheel bearings go out on me a while back in a matter of two months! The stock one went...so i bought another, and had it put in the stock knuckle. Well that didn't work out cause two weeks later i went to the local junk yard, and bought a used knuckle that seemed to be in good shape. Once again wrong...it went out about a month later. So.....

This time i bought a brand new complete knuckle assy from Ford. It is now 3 months later, and i have another wheels bearing about to go out!

I thought i was hearing some weird noises while driving around this past weekend, and sure enough i jack up the car, and do the wiggle test and it wiggles. From top to bottom the wheel will move about 1/4-1/2 an inch. So i know its just a matter of time before it is gone too.

What could be causing this wheel bearing to go bad? It is the right front wheel bearing. There is a camber/caster kit on that side along with GC/Koni's, and 19 inch wheels. 1 thing to note is the only diff from the driver's side is that the driver's side does not have a Camber/Caster kit. Everything else is the same, and the driver's side is stiff as can be with no problems whatsoever! Do you think it could have something to do with the camber/caster kit...or could it be another worn suspension part? Like a LCA or something?

Any help would be applauded!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.