New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
ummmm.... looks to me like the guy took two speakers and bolted them together. Put some filter material in them and then stuck some pipes sticking out where the speaker would be. GHETTO

Performance wise it doesn't sound like a good idea to me. This would sit between the main filter and throttle body.

If you put it after the maf then the car would run really [censored]ed up, if at all, because unmeasured air would be entering the system throwing off the ECU calculations of air fuel mixture.

If you put it before the MAF then the car would run OK since it would have the correct air-fuel mixture calculations. BUT!!! If you did this then you might as well remove the large filter and piping up to that point. The suction would cause air to enter into the intake tube at this spot, not where your filter is located. I am sure a K N filter has to remove more particles from air than that filter. I am also guessing this turbulence could throw off the velocity of air running through the intake piping thus reducing air flow into the throttle body. ALso since this would probably have to sit back from primary filter it would have warmer air (from the engine bay) running into the pipe at this point (decreasing performance).

Actually now that I think about it...get that air filter combined with the "ebay performance chip" and the "ebay electric supercharger" and you would have one fast ride.

Another EBAY hunk of [censored].

·
Banned
1,831 Posts
looks like a copy of the AEM bypass valve to me.

it would work for CAI filter submerssion bypass but i dont get what they are advertising it for. seems to me it would suck in hot engine air.

·
PLATINUM M0DERAT0R
4,995 Posts
Originally posted by: Funkboy316
looks like a copy of the AEM bypass valve to me.

it would work for CAI filter submerssion bypass but i dont get what they are advertising it for. seems to me it would suck in hot engine air.
That's it... a knock off of the AEM bypass valve, but it's pretty and not black plastic. It's good insurance if you live in an area where you could suck water up into your engine from a down pour like Texas :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.