New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm busy doing a project for my car and it involved taking out my passenger seat. My pasenger seat is manually opperated but there is a wire that runs out of the floor and was attached to the bottom of the seat. Is that wire there for a power seat¿

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
I'm going to either guess seat belt sensor, so that the passenger side airbag will go off if somebody's in it, or a side airbag harness.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It wasn't hooked up to anything, but it was attached to the bottom of the passenger seat. Should it be pluged into something. I don't think I have side air bags.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
True. Thanks guys. I'll post pics of my car mod later on, if I can ever figure how to post pics. Thanks again.

G

·
i have side air bags...and i cant find anything that extra wire will plug into (that it will reach) i don't think it has to do with the side air-bag but im no expert either

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had to take my car in for a new fuel pump at the dealer and while I was there I asked them about the wire. They told me it was for a power seat. I assumed that before but I wasn't sure. I'm still confused about it cause I never heard of a cougar with two power seats. If I bought another driver seat could I put it on the passenger side so I could have two power seats¿

·
3L Install Maestro
7,864 Posts
That would be a cool mod but the power seats move so damn slow on my 99 that it would just be a pain. Hopefully the 2000+ are better because I want to get my hands on those 35th ann. silver/black ones when I get money for them.

G

·
the driver seat would probably fit the passenger side's track but i think the seat itself with the plastic piece on the side wouldn't fit. i would like to try though...........i think the passenger seat sits to high.

·
Registered
471 Posts
You could try and get your hands on the power seat bits for the UK spec Cougar as it is right hand drive the bits would fit your passenger seat ok

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Now that's a good idea Damo. I'll look into it but I don't think that I can come up with the $$$, expecially for shipping. That alone would probly cost more then the seat itself.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Ground wire means its for GROUND!!! What more explanation is needed?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Come on Chris, I know what a ground is, but why would you need one on a seat¿

Ignernt and Fett's answer seems real logical but I still think that it's for a power seat. I have a question for someone out there that has their seats out. Can you please try to plug the wire on the passenger side into your driver side seat and let me know if it fits¿

1 - 17 of 17 Posts