New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
You've got one of those rare Cougars! You have no redline, rev all you want (but if something bad happens don't blame me).

But seriously, every question you've asked since you joined has been answered and discussed on here before. Try using the "search" feature like others have already suggested to you. Not only will you find your answers faster but you will also avoid smart-ass remarks to your threads :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Thats a good spot to shift, since our cars make peak power at around 6250 IIRC, give or take a couple 100 RPM.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
25,007 Posts
Originally posted by: CoUgArDrIvEr01
in 2-0 lol i ownd sl saturn with aem colldair
Most lightly modded manual DOHC Saturn SL models are pulling mid-15's in the quarter. I'd say you got a turd that time.

By the way your redline is 6750.

·
Registered
553 Posts
How lame too, those cars have like no horsepower, they just weigh next to nothing. A civic is heavy compared to the older SC2 coupes! I think my mom's older SC2 weighed 2100-2300lbs lol.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
25,007 Posts
My 99 Saturn station wagon weighs in at about 2400. Stock HP is 124 on the DOHC models. It's a fun car to drive with the few mods I have on it.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
25,007 Posts
Ha! Well, now that this thread is TEH JACKED, I'll say that the Saturn S-series is amazingly sound in a crash situation. The spaceframe designers have taken into consideration the lack of sheet metal (which - does that really protect THAT much?), and if you check the NHTSA crash ratings, you'd be surprised. Unsafe cars usually don't cut it in today's insurance-minded society. I don't feel vulnerable in my Saturn, and I've read a lot of pretty convincing testimonials about crash survivors in Saturns.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.