New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A WHATS UP SO-CAL ?,ITS FLIPRCR FROM LONESTAR NECO, IT WAS COOL MEETING YOU GUYS AT THE DEC MEET,ANYWAY IM PLANNING TO MOVE BACK TO CALI. MY QUESTION IS WHAT IS CARB LEGAL OUT THERE I'M PLANNING TO GET THE C.C. CAI MAYBE HEADERS WHILE IM STILL HERE IN TX. ITS BEEN A WHILE SINCE I LIVED IN CALI SO JUST WONDERING ABOUT HOW THEY DO THERE SMOG CHECKS ECT.

·
Registered
903 Posts
CARB is the California Air Resources Board. (read smog ****'s) they are the govering body for anything having to do with pollution control on california cars. So if you want any of the aftermarket air intakes or headers or exhaust to pass california smog then they have to be CARB certified. Unless you want to go through all the hassels of pulling off all of your stuff off everytime you smog it.
also make sure you get the little carb tag to put on your car if they claim it to be carb legal.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is there anyone in so-cal neco that has msds headers/weapon-r if so how did you pass the smog test , here's my dilema im getting my tax return soon=buying headers+cai , still live in tx but moving to cali soon just dont want to go through the hassle of taking stuff on and off

·
Registered
728 Posts
i've got msds headers and all the intake things there are out there.

for the intake stuff just put it back to stock. its not that hard. you can put ur stock exhaust manifolds back on but thats a hassle. you would have to know people or find shady test places to pass with the headers on.

the only reason i passed was that i knew someone who knew someone. i still took all the tests and i passed, car runs clean. the place just disregarded the visual test for me. if you can find a shady test place they'll just skip all testing but will ask for like $200.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
so . . . i have dual magnaflow exhaust but i left the cats alone . . . and i have an ingen intake on the way . . . so i need to take all of it off to pass? i though you could squeek by with that stuff

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HERE IS ANOTHER WHAT IF, OK AEM IS THE ONLY ONE WITH THE CARB STICKER, WHAT IF YOU HAD THE AEM W/CAI EXTENTION- WOULD COPS KNOW THE DIFFERENCE IF THEY CHECKED UNDER THE HOOD, HOW ABOUT AT THE SMOG STATION, ONCE HEADERS ARE ON , ARE THEY FAIRLY EASY TO TAKE OFF AND PUT BACK ON , FOR INSPECTION PURPOSES, I DOUBT WHEN I MOVE BACK TO CALI, THAT IM GONNA MEET SOMEONE WHO KNOWS SOMEONE SHADY RIGHT AWAY.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts