New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the OE Firehawks but I need new tires before inspection. What is a better tire the Firehawk or the BF Goodrich Comp T/A VR4? I know the TA has a longer tread life, but I need grip. I run hard!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As a general rule, The higher milage the tire is, the harder the tire compound is. Harder compounds usually equal less traction. This is true of dry traction anyways. My tires are very soft and sticky but they are rated for only 15K miles.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
BFG Comp T/A... The OE Firestones are horrible.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
neither of these OEM tires (Firerock Firehawk GTA 02 and BFG Comp T/A VR4) are very good performance tires. I would consider them all season passenger car tires suitable for run of mill Hyundai or Civic. if grip is what you are looking for and you want to stay in stock tire size, there is only one choice: BFG g-Force KDW. It is a little more expensive than the VR4 but it is a much better tire. many cougar owners have this tire and some have ran autocross on them. this is the OEM tire for Contour SVT which means you can find it in most tire store. if not, tirerack.com has them for $95. Very good deal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.