New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured I see the reaction to my latest mod. I will post better pics as soon as I can. My digital sucks. I installed 4 led's into the sidemarker. The turn signal is still operational and the led's are on a switch. Has anyone else done this or can I say I was the first ?????? opinion's wanted- good, bad or indifferent.
Gregg

·
Banned
1,329 Posts
dude i must say. If you have never seen anyone do that, and i haven't seen any do that. Well then you are the first... They really look good, but i would make them white, but whatever color you like is cool

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have UV led's and blacklights throughout my car. The actual purple led's look kinda pinkish. So I took them out and soldered in some UV's. And it seems like every Honda around here was going with white so I thought I would be different. It's illegal but thats why I have it on a switch. Actually here in FL you can only have amber for sidemarkers. Turn signals you can have white or amber. thanks for the comments. Kinda looking for Excelcier or GrandMasterKhan to give there approval or disgust.

·
Registered
517 Posts
i had leds in my turn markers about a year ago. i used 5 2.4volt leds on each side,so that i wouldnt need resistors. worked great. i had blue and they were just WAY too bright, so i put back in 194 style. anyway its still a cool idea!
josh

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by: gldgremlin
why don't you cut the place for the turn signal bulb and glass the back and just have 3 or 4 leds for your turn signals...
I could but they would have to be amber b/c anything else would be illegal. But you do give me an idea though.

1badcat
well I thought it was a long shot trying to be the first but o-well. Do you have pics how you did yours or does it resemble the way I got mine?

Gregg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.