New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to install headers and a y pipe i was just wondering what y pipe bolts up to the 3 bolt flange of the headers??? Roughly what type of gains could i expect from these two mods, combined with svt set up, intake, 75 mm maf and chip? Not to mention full custom exhaust without mufflers or resonator......

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Ugh.

Here goes.

ALL the headers all have a 2 Bolt flange. All the aftermarket Y-pipes will bolt up to the MSDS headers (with a little modification, and elbow grease)

The flange you are thinking about is the cat flange. Early years were 2-bolt with a donut gasket, newer years use a 3 Bolt flange.

If you are getting a full y-pipe like the brullen, trubendz, SHO shop, etc, it WILL REPLACE this portion of the exhaust. T
These aftermarket Y-pipes replace the stock cat, and will bolt up to the exhaust benhind the stock cat.

I would use the MSDS y-pipe however, and have a shop fabricate a pipe to go between the MSDS Y, and the catback system. (this is what I will be doing later this weekend, 3" cat, and a 3" flex-pipe)

Matt

Edit:
Attached Pic

Stupid PS pump seaping, its making my clean 3L dirty :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts