New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we now have a bit of competition. What would you guys go with: GMK or Titan?:confused:

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I would go for GMK. I know how much dedication he put into that intake.... he had many small stages of the intake before anyone else really saw anything of it and it has been tested by more people.

and considering you have a filter... it's cheaper ;)

·
0 Posts
And now i guess GrandMAsterKhan now has a way to make it so you dont have to relocate your battery just like the Titan. I like GMK because you can order it in Carbon Fiber. And yeah i think the GMK extension is cheaper like 110 or something.

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
I got the Titan!

·
Um...
3,283 Posts
What twillight zone did I enter? I have never heard of either the GMK or a Titan. And I thought I kept up pretty well with Cougar stuff.

Someone please inform me.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Originally posted by: Phantom
What twillight zone did I enter? I have never heard of either the GMK or a Titan. And I thought I kept up pretty well with Cougar stuff.

Someone please inform me.

Here Reagan, Have Fun

;)

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Originally posted by: 99SilverCougarV6
And now i guess GrandMAsterKhan now has a way to make it so you dont have to relocate your battery just like the Titan.
i would say that you can do the same thing with both, no matter what it might be. The designs are very alike.

oh and Reagan - I'm surprised you don't know about this... GMK has been talk of everyone for a long time.... CustomCougars.com even bought 100 of him to sell on there... and then last week the mother of hell broke loose when the Titan arrived, which is a design by DgnZCoug and ND4SPD... which is peculiar beucase it looks almost exactly like the GMK... and GrandMasterKhan (GMK) said that he was very mad at Dgn for stabbing him in the back, they had parked next to eachother at Fest and GMK had shown Dgn how the intake worked, where the hole was located etc.

I think they are stupid for not having admitted they copied hte design, becuase in reality if it's not 'indentical' GMK can't do anything about it. They copied his intake and lowerd the price a lot and called it the Titan basically.

Now GMK has lowered his price even more, which sucks due to his massive research and technical time he spent designing and working on the intake itself.

·
Um...
3,283 Posts
ya smartass. :) I can't believe you just directed me to the search button.

I got it now though... intakes... I probably hadn't heard of it since I only ever read IL NECO, and Garage Talk anymore really. It could have something to do with not being able to mod my cougar ever again though.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Originally posted by: Phantom
ya smartass. :) I can't believe you just directed me to the search button.
:rofl: at least I had it linked to the search for 2.5L forums :)

P.S. I only heard of the Titan becuase GMK told me and linked me. it is the only thread I hvae posted in outside of IL NECO in a long time.

i understand what you mean with 'no more modding' i have kind of the same dilemna, looking at parts only makes you want them and when you can't, you just don't feel like looking at what you could have, but wont' get.

maybe someday, we will both mod again though :)

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
The Titan looks the same from before the hole.. cuz there's only one way to do it.. from the throttle body then curve it down into the hole.. After the hole looks different.. There was a pic of both CAIs assemebled, and they don't look alike. granted the Concept may be the same (cut a hole in the engine bay and pipe it through there) but there aren't many ways you can do the same thing.

I give mad props to both GMK, and DgnZ/Nd4Spd... They both are doing a helluva job.. I just trust ND4SPD more because I've talked to him before and he's a really cool guy.. which is why I chose their intake.

Looks liek we're gonna have 3 cougars in Illinois with CAI.. ZexCougar and Kooter both have the GMK, and I have the Titan.. Maybe I could use some help installing it on the 14th!

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
correction.... 4.... i have GMK.... he ships it when I leave here ;) i was one of the first to get in on it actually, just wasn't around to install it.

also, if you were to count Wisconsin, cougargt also has GMK.

oh and for the record, i don't have any problems with either DgnZCoug or ND4SPD at all, never did. I just think that they should be more willing to let it be known they took hte idea from GMK.... not like this doesn't happen elsewhere in the world.....

i mean look at Mc Donald's and Burger King :rofl:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Since GMK lowered his prices i'll be picking up one of those. But not until after winter, especially ours, when my AEM works just beautifully. But as soon as it gets warm, i'm going cold!:thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts