New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I just accepted an expat position with BorgWarner's plant in Milan, Italy. It will be a one year assignment, with the possibility of being longer. Work is going to pay for me to fly over, fly home for the wedding, fly Melissa and I back to Milan after the wedding, plus they will provide me a furnished apartment and a car.

Since I will already have a car there, I am torn on what to do with my Cougar. I don't want to make payments on it while it just sits in storage, but I know I will miss it when I get home. So, what should I do?

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
id sell it.....with no car payment you could sove some sick $$$$ to buy a really nice one when you come home...or better find out what kind of car you will have out there and MOD the hell out of it with the extra cash....ship it home with you and you can be really unique

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
Wow, Congratulations. That's really interesting. I said ship it just because I'd love to drive in Europe with the Coug, but realistically, you might be best off selling it. If you don't know for sure how long it you'll be there you probably shouldn't just store the car.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
First of all, congratulations on the job :thumbsup: When it comes to the car, I'd sell it -- there will always be the option when you return to purchase another Cougar.

·
Registered
42 Posts
haha i said ship it, but i could take care of it since i live so close... ;)

lol j/k

·
NECO Triathlete
969 Posts
Congrats on the new job. Must be exciting knowing you'll work in Milan.
Anyway, I said sell it. As much as it pains me to think about it, if I had to move to Europe, I would sell my car.
I would prefer to sell it to someone I know, but it wouldnt matter. I like cue's idea of getting a really cool car out there and 'trickin' it, then shipping it over when you come home. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Holy crap, congratulations!!!

And I'd sell it, with the cars coming out right around the time you get back you'd wish you had sold it anyways.

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
Congrads on the new job

I say............Sell it.

Give the cougar another year and it will be worth as much as a 95 neon...ok maybe not that bad. But figure with the $$ you'd save storing the coug and selling it now, you can buy a newer car. Not to mention you could probably come back and buy a 99 REAL CHEAP

·
Registered
42 Posts
very true, congrats man

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys, both for the congrats and the advice. I am going to put it up for sale after I get some work done to it on Monday at the dealership. Actually, I am going to see if they will buy it first and then sell it on my own if they wont.

Does anyone know what '01 Cougar's are going for at auctions lately? I just turned over 42k miles. I really hope I can at least sell it for what I own on it.......

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I am going to try to sell my car over the next month. The Blue Book is over $10k, but I want to just get it sold before I leave. I am not parting it out so everything is included.

Here is the link to the ad I have on Auto Trader.

If you, or anyone you know is interested just send me a PM. Like I said in the ad, I am very flexible on the price.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
A year is a long time for a car you love to sit and wait, not to mention not so great for it :) you are doing the right thing. Besides, you will be able to find another for cheater when you come back. It's what your car would want, lol.

-Pat- -ReToM7-

1 - 12 of 12 Posts