New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
could you put both nitrous and a vortech supercharger on an engine, or would it just spontaneously combust

P.S. I have NO plans of doing either of these, just wondering...

·
Registered
195 Posts
You could do this - just make sure you rebuild the trannny and such and forge the internals so the engine doesnt blow up, lol.

A vortech with 120 shot direct port wet system would be VERY nice

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Youd NEED a custom engine management system. The two systems arnt really compatable. Each fuel controler would muck the other up. Youd have to use a computer capable of compensating for both the boost and the nitrous shot when it came on. A better choice would be the vortech with a 25 shot or so of nitrous just to cool things off. You really wouldnt need(or want) more boost from the nitrous unless you put ALOT of money into the driveline. Not only that... but frontwheel drive can only take so much hp. Rearwheel drive takes much much more because the harder it pulls the harder the tires are planted into the ground. With front wheel drive you have only the weight of the engine and tranny to keep you stuck to the ground. Wheel spin would be incredable. It may be cheaper and easier to drop in the 3.0L with the vortech. You wouldnt nearly need to worry so much about blowing the engine and you wouldnt be paying out the *** to refill the bottle. The cost of a large shot wet port nos kit is more then the 3.0L kit i think. Add that to the driveline work that would have to be done and you would be MUCH better off with the 3.0L and the vortech.

edit: I recently researched our internals. I read from a reliable source that our connecting rods are forged. The pistons are not. The crankshaft is also forged. It is posible to get a stronger crank like the one used in "the beast" 450hp focus but that would be $$$$$. Id love to see forged pistons become available for our cars... Ideally Id like to lower compression forged pistons in the 3.0L spec so it would be safer to run the boost on that engine. Shoshop's 3.0L is at 11:1.. thats preaty high for boost. Id like to bring it down to 10 then run the boost.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.