New Cougar Forum banner

What stops you from attending Cougarfest?

2K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  skater 
#1 ·
I regret not attending Fest before last year (especially back when my car still looked good), and with Cougar ownership shrinking by the day, its safe to say Fest is an endangered event. If we hope to have a future, we should probably start thinking about how to help people overcome the obstacles to attendance.

If your not attending, why not? What could change that would help you attend?

#2 ·
Just a bad weekend for me. I would’ve gone otherwise. First time I’m missing it since 2006.

#7 ·
1300 kilometers / 11km/l = 118liters x 2 x [I have no idea about gas prices in the US] + hotel + food + time,
and a country border with no valid passport.

also Lostoffspring never attends soooo... :cover:

#9 ·
If you left coasters would recruit some new followers we could have a Cougarfest-West.
Actually, that may happen anyway because your going to be the only ones with cars that havent rusted out in another couple of years...

#10 ·
Joey, we need to get you here at some point, youve been great entertainment. Get a passport and we will figure out the rest.

#11 ·
Well if its not the timing then its work or school. When those all align which does happen then it would be the part where I have 3 cars and the engine to all of them is either in a trailer, in the shed, or on the ground beside the shed. Not really feasable to show up to fest towing my car.

#13 ·
Yeah but my cars interior is in one shed. The engine and trans is in another shed. And its got a nice chunk of Jaguar dash in it. Right now it would be showing up towing a shell.

#15 ·
They only suck if you ever let the oil light come on. All it takes is a split second for our engines to lose oil pressure, and then its a ticking time bomb. But if you frequently check the oil, our engines are pretty reliable. Other then certain accessories like the alternator and power steering pump.

#16 ·
Pretty sure some of these cars have made 2 to 3 hundred thousand. Doesnt suck unless you dont treat them right. All cars are that way though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.