New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What sort of group buys are you guys interested in?

What sorta modding are you guys interested in?

Let's try and see where we can get some discounts because we're all doing a common mod.
Let's try and share some cool experiences with each other and tips about modding.

·
Registered
189 Posts
RE:What sort of group buys are you guys interested in?

Well my goal for mods this spring is:

Ractive exhaust
Lowering > Lowriders in Surrey is the only place I have found so far to lower a 2002 cougar
Tint
clear side markers
paint my nice pretty orange corner lenses the body color
short ram intake > I am told that mopac sells AEM for about 160 (I dont know if that is all they have or not)

And then change all my lights to ice blue and euro/halogens. Spray tint my tail lights.

then its back to saving for body kit and green glow kit.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

my lights to ice blue and euro/halogens. > I think one of our members had tested a lot of the blue lights, apprently he knows all the brands that work well with our cars. I'll get him to chime in here.

Spray tint my tail lights > NiteShades you can get that at lordco (I have 30% off there if you want to use that)

Lowering > have you tried BC Shock and Strut?

clear side markers > Mortis has a group buy for these on NECO, they are not too expensive, try posting in the WTB section. And they are super easy to install.

paint my nice pretty orange corner lenses the body color > I'm not sure if your lenses will let the regular paint adhere, you might need to remove the orange thing completely. There's a how to on the boards or at www.cougardb.com i think.

short ram intake > I want one of these too, I think they are like $100 US which is about $130 canadian.

then its back to saving for body kit and green glow kit.

·
Registered
189 Posts

Sorry, by painting them I meant professionally painted. Im sure that will stick.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I'm doin the 3.0L upper this summer... theres many in mitchel island.... goin for 200 with throttle body. Maybe if we can get more to buy it will be cheaper, then have a mod meet and everybody get theres done the same day. How bout being the only chapter with all 3.0 uppers haha.. :grouphug:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Will the 3 litre upper work for our stock 2.5s though. what else would we have to do in order to make it work accordingly? What place on mitchel island had lots of cougar parts or is there at all. Do you know of any wrecking yards that have cougars that have been in a wreck and if so maybe we can all go as a group one day and do so part searching or something.I would like to find a 2001 or 2002 in a yard and trade parts and put them in my 99.

·
Registered
441 Posts
guess you havent read up on the 3.0L upper how to in the forums... go there.. tells you all about it... My HP mods for the summer include Custom CAI, 3.0L Upper/ Gutted Precats... then maybe Chippin... hopefully going for 20+ at the wheels. :banana:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts