New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an AEM intake, and I have a real nice BUMPIN system..but now where? I was looking at maybe rims..some few minor features like tailight covers. I'm not really going for performance, because i realized my car is slow as hell with an automatic. I was thinking maybe an exhaust for sound, but is it possible to get a deeper sound by just adding a tip to the exhaust?
Thanks for the help

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to Neco.

I wouldnt suggest betting a tip alone or a muffler and getting it welded on. My friend did that to his Cougar in town and it sounded like your typical honduh crx. I would go with a Trubendz exhaust system. Also you also want to think about going strictly cosmetics...it isnt really cheap. Ive sunk a ton of money into cosmetics and upkeep. My car is in the shop again currently getting some things resprayed for the winter. Next year I will probably need to get the car repainted, thats just how things go. If you with performance, even though you have an ATX, things will still bring you more HP, which is a good thing. No you may not be able to beat the MTX GT Stang next to you, but not a lot of folks on this board can, BUT it will make a difference in other races. Either way you go, you wont really want to stop after one or two things. It becomes an addiction :rofl:

If you need any help or advice later on , feel free to PM me anytime you wish.

Thanks,

George

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
:wave:!edud ocen ot emocleW

even if you aren't going for performance, the performance parts do create a nice cosmetic addition as well. but i'd say get yourself a set of 18"s and a good set of springs....... SLAM THAT MUG!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.