New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far i have been asked if my cat was an ECLIPSE (couple of times) and just yesterday... a NEON. And it's not like my car is heavily modded like most other eclipses that are show cars. I can't think of anything about the... 'other' car.

I was just wondering if anybody else ran into these problems. I try to see it as funny, but a NEON!

What has your car been called?

G

·
A celica many many times.when people dont know what my car is they always say "it starts with a c, i think its a celica" that really sucks!

G

·
Neon?!?! WTF?!?! There's no way! I can understand Celica, Eclipse, Talon, or 2002 Tiberon, but I can't think of any other cars that look anything like the Cougar!

G

·
i get asked if mine's an eclipse all the time, and i heard someone say, "that is one of those new celica's" once. i even went as far as to have been asked, "is that engine built by mitsubishi?" when i tell them it's a cougar. they think it's some new age design by chrysler.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Been called:

Eclipse
Celica
Accord
Neon
Civic
Importer
Mid-sized

Cavalier
Japanese crap (until I showed him 'Made in Michigan' sticker on windshield)

And the list grows everyday....

G

·
I ran into this guy at the store the other day and he was like" Is that one of those exotics?, like a ferrari or something?" WTF, He said he was confused because he has never seen a front end like my Dragon-Z before, when i told him it was a cougar he was like, they still make those? Idiot! I also worked with this one girl for a month and she called it a new eclise every time. But no one ever knows what it is. Doesn't help that i took all the writing off.

·
Registered
897 Posts
"Whoa, is that the new mustang?"

suppose the exhaust helped with that idea, though...

mostly just "what kind of car is that?" "cougar." "??"

uRiDiAN

G

·
I only recall being asked if mine was an Eclipse. Only other thing that sticks in my mind was in 1998 when I bought my car, a guy in GM pickup stopped at a light next to me and asked "Is that one of those new cougars?"...."Yep"..."Whoa...I gotta have one of those!!!" :)

·
Registered
921 Posts
People in Cincinnati must be cartards.....I have been asked if it was a:

Beamer
Jag
Porsche (yes it is true)
Celica
Eclipse
Space Ship ( by a little old lady ) LOL

G

·
A Ford Dealer in TN asked if I did the mods to the Cougar. I told him no its a stock 2001 Cougar ZN and he said he never saw one of those and liked it. Said he liked the seats (leather with the Cougar emblem on them)...lol Man the dude works for Ford so he should know and he sales cars...lol

Next time they say it is a Eclipse say "No, its the new Porsche 911"...lol

~Mark

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.