New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i have a question. I found by chance that there's a light fixed in the upper exit of the air duct in my cougar and took a photo of it. Does anybody knows what that light is doing there?:confused:

Attachments

·
8,582 Posts
Probably for an aftermarket alarm.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think i have an aftermarket alarm, my remote keys are the original ones but i do have what it looks like an sound speaker on the right side under the glove compartment and to be honest i don't know what is doing down there either!

Attachments

·
Registered
865 Posts
Wow...weird. I don't know what either of those are doing there. Maybe it was some kind of alarm that was previously installed...? Maybe you can trace the wires back from the light and speaker and figure it out?

·
Premium Member
3,292 Posts
That is the sunload sensor for your climate control.

The speaker is for a handsfree phone system.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

The speaker is for a handsfree phone system.[/QUOTE

I know that the european cougars have a different climate control than the americam ones, ours is fully automatic:) but i thought that the temperature was controled only with an electronic themomether! And for the speaker i do have a handsfree phone system in my car but i never used it because i don't have the right mobile phone for it:( but thank's all of you guys for the anwsers :bowdown:

·
Registered
865 Posts
Wow.....I wish my coug had that stuff.... :(

·
Premium Member
3,292 Posts

The speaker is for a handsfree phone system.
I know that the european cougars have a different climate control than the americam ones, ours is fully automatic:) but i thought that the temperature was controled only with an electronic themomether! And for the speaker i do have a handsfree phone system in my car but i never used it because i don't have the right mobile phone for it:( but thank's all of you guys for the anwsers :bowdown:
I have an american car with climate control, that is how I know what that was. :biggrin:

·
8,582 Posts
Why does a climate control system need to know how bright it is outside? What does it do with that information?

·
5,315 Posts
Why does a climate control system need to know how bright it is outside? What does it do with that information?
To give itself a clue as to how much sunlight is entering the vehicle, and hitting the passengers - the more sun, the more cooling needed in the heat.

·
8,582 Posts
To give itself a clue as to how much sunlight is entering the vehicle, and hitting the passengers - the more sun, the more cooling needed in the heat.
Why oh why didn't the US get that climate system? :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts