New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wondering what the heck this is for such a long long long time.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm, well I think I'll show them europeans and run out to my local radio shack and buy two white LEDs and give my self the light as well

·
Registered
902 Posts
OMG! I wish I knew! I was going to post that in reply to this thread also!

·
Registered
418 Posts
I've read that it is part of the climate control system in the European models.

·
Registered
558 Posts
>>man in grey suit walks outta the mist<< 'Another unsolved mystery in the Cougar Files'>>X files music comes on<<

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
European models get all the minor extras. I extended a line to some green LED's from the alarm light to the headlight's. Kinda noticable when its dark out. As for the vent, some bondo fixed that mystery. Now those spy's cant listen in on me.

·
5,273 Posts
The little light is for the "city lights" in Euro Cougars. In the 01/02 Cougars, even the domestic models get that little white light.

The "vent" was for the temp sensor of the automatic climate control on the Euro Cougars.

:)

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I believe that little thing in the headlight is the automatic feature... which can be added to a cougar for $76... read in A/E for it...

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
i have euro lights but my little light dont light up WTF

·
Premium Member
2,070 Posts
Originally posted by: RioredCoug
i have euro lights but my little light dont light up WTF
That would be because the harness on your US car doesn't have the wires there that would plug in the Euro light. Unplug your lights and look at the plugs, you will see where the wires could be.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
i thought the vent was for the "BEEP" when your gas gets too low. im almost positive it is. because a friend of mine has something like that in his eclipse, and he hatted the beep, so he took off the dash, and stuffed cotten into the sop so you can barly hear it anymore.

·
Registered
586 Posts
:biggrin:Hi, Nard here from the UK. In Europe we have to have what are called 'side lights' (even though they are on the front of the car!). When I turn my light dial one click I get side and rear lights, the second click gives me headlights!
The sensor is for automatic air conditioning. It reads the temp in the car and tells the A/c computer how hard to work to get to the temperature selected by the driver,.
Hope this helps. BTW whats the middle pedal for?:banana:

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Originally posted by: ZEXCougar
I always thought that was where an automatic lights sensor would go... So, how about this one - you can kind of see it behind the wiper arm. It looks like a little vent. What is this for?

I always thought that was the place that pumped the filtered air into your cabin from the cabin air filter? Maybe I'm wrong too!

I had a chick once convinced that it was the microphone for my built in kareoke system, and the words came up on the windshield like a head's up display! :rofl:

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Originally posted by: PGCougarI had a chick once convinced that it was the microphone for my built in kareoke system, and the words came up on the windshield like a head's up display! :rofl:
You are lucky she didn't want to try it out!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
PGCougar: Ya, it does all this cool stuff... Totally custom kereoke machine...

Girl: Cool! Lets sing some kareoke!

PGCougar: Ummm.....

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
Headlight thing.....I allways thought that was for an option of automatic lights come on when it gets dark. Have any of you ever tried turning your high beams on during the day....shouldn't/won't happen and I think that's why....that thing senses light and won't allow them to turn on (like if you hit it forward when meaning to hit the signal) it won't turn the high beams on.

Little vent.....automatic climate control. that's where it takes in the temps in the UK coug iirc.

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
Originally posted by: hamill
Headlight thing.....I allways thought that was for an option of automatic lights come on when it gets dark. Have any of you ever tried turning your high beams on during the day....shouldn't/won't happen and I think that's why....that thing senses light and won't allow them to turn on (like if you hit it forward when meaning to hit the signal) it won't turn the high beams on.

Little vent.....automatic climate control. that's where it takes in the temps in the UK coug iirc.
I've never tried turning my lights on during the day. I really dunno why you would :shrug:, that's interesting though.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
i am pretty sure my highbeams come on during the day if i turn mine on...

atleast they didnt use a cookie cutter for our cars every one seems to be different..hehe

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts
hehe, highbeams work whenever I want them. but hamill your canadian so you have DRL
which really are lowpowered low beams, but if you turn your lights on normally, you'll be able to put
your highs on.

The lil things in the headlights I have a small green lamp in mine. 10mm I believe is the proper size.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts