New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my whole induction off today and when I looked inside where the air is suppose to go, There is a copper cap that seems to block the air. I poked on it and everything and can not figure out how air moves throught there. As you can tell im not the smartest when it comes to induction. Can someone please explain to me what that is?

G

·
wow. that the butterfly valuve, when you step on the gas it opens up and lets air in. you can push one side and see it open.

G

·
Did you have the upper intake manifold off. The part that has the throttle body attached to it. If you did then what you saw is the lower manifold. Those copper caps are butterfly valves. They are your secondaries. They open about 3500 rpm.

If you took off the intake pipe and saw a huge copper cap as big as your hand(roughly) that is you Throttle body. It opens when you step on the gas pedal.

Why is it called a gas pedal I wonder? It does do anything to the gas. All it does is open the throttle body....hmmm... the throttle pedal... there ya go

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
It's 54mm.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
The MAF is 70mm

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
im fairly sure stock tb is 53mm...
and yeh.. that is the throttle plate... push the pedal and it opens to allow in air.... heh... or pull the little block that is next to it... you can rev then engine from the engine bay with it... its kinda nice if you are testing or wanting to rev it while you spray somthing or.. well... its just cool okay!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.