New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey every 1 i have a 01 black stock mercury cougar v6 dohc duratec and i have been looking and many different intakes but i really have no idea which 1 to get plz help me i want to get as much hp as possible and i really wants a cold air not a short ram b/c i have seen cold airs on other car like in the cougar fest plz help me with this ty much - chris

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
The only place you can get a true cold air intake is from customcougars.com or through a member of our forums(GrandMasterKhan). I ordered mine through him and it came in awesome condition. Power, sound and fitment wise, its definetly the best out there. I love mine.

To order from him you must send him a private message here on the boards.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey aem man u have abeatiful cougar man nice as i read u have aem short ram and u put a cold air extention on it am i right and if yes how much hp do u think it add nice car my hehe wb plz chris

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Thanks man for the compliments. Your right, I had the AEM shortram and purchased the GMK cold air extension to add on. Like I said, no big name companies make true cold air kits. I believe GrandMasterKhan (kenny) told me the CAI dyno'd 8 or 9 more horsepower to the wheels. What it helps most with is heatsoak, you know, keeping your engine running great whether your engine bay is hot or not, especially in summer months like now. Definetly a must for one of your first mods.

Theres tons of posts on intakes in this section so just take some time to browse through them, you'll find a crapload of useful info on them. Good luck man and let us know what you decide on.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if i do decide to go witht he aem shorts ram for my 01 and extention want to i have to modify if ne thing i heard i might have to cut a bigger hole is that trueand where should i purchase these items??? off wat site customcougar.com??? well wb plz and by the way np on the compliment i hope my cougar is as good as urs some day hehe:flushed:

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
Originally posted by: CoUgArDrIvEr01
if i do decide to go witht he aem shorts ram for my 01 and extention want to i have to modify if ne thing i heard i might have to cut a bigger hole is that trueand where should i purchase these items??? off wat site customcougar.com??? well wb plz and by the way np on the compliment i hope my cougar is as good as urs some day hehe:flushed:
Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. Do not purchase the AEM intake. Just PM GrandMasterKhan and he'll be able to get you completely set up with the absolute best intake available for the Cougar.

·
Registered
746 Posts
GMK is the ish, you should hav e searched I did a big break down of stock VS GMK sometime last month.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The true cold air from CC is the best though. Holy hell the difference I noticed when I installed that thing on mine. When from 0-60 in 3 hrs. to 0-60 in 6 seconds. There is a little work to be done though to install it. A little cutting. Modding the battery bracket, and relocating the fuse box. It's well worth it though.

·
Registered
553 Posts
err you realise the CC cold air is nothing but a knock off of GWK's older design? His newer version fits better, and is more optimised.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
With the GMK intake you don't have to relocate anything besides moving the battery over a little. Nothing big. Do it right and buy from GMK!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Just installed my CC CAI .. no need to relocate battery or Fuse Box ..

All intake are the same ..optimised ya sure and where did you get this ? because its another design ? Difference between GMK V1 V2 V3 Im sure NONE about fitment ..you cant expect more horse power because of the design .. they are all the same ... air filter is going at the same place and we need to cut a hole ..

To choose the right one ..choose the cheapest one since they will give you the same amount of power ..

Then how much AEM + GMK or only CC CAI

P.S. by the way ..the Short RAM wich is included in CC CAI is from a weapon-R just the same as any other brand name ..so please dont tell me that an extension is making a difference ..

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Hey i had the AEM short ram intake and it was great i felt instant power after putting it on.... then i bought the GMK extension cause at first i was a little scared about cutting into my car. after putting it on i felt alittle more of a pull then only thing is i felt that it had a little bit more of a lag when i stepped on it

·
Registered
90 Posts
ok for clarity thier are
short ram intakes - weapon Rice, aem, the list goes on.
Cold Air extensions- CC and GMK
and Cold Air intakes - CC and GMK
you don't have to buy a short ram and add an extension you can just buy the Cold air intake and it will include the pipe that would have been the short ram. And if you just buy the cold air intake you shouldn't have any fitment problems because the short rams can vary slightly so adding an extension onto it can result in fitment problems.

long story short get the cold air intake from GMK CC used to sell the GMK Codl air intake then started makeing thier own.
go with the origional if you can get it for close to the same price I think either way its going to be 150 for the cold air intake. so
give the origional man the business

go GMK !!!!!!!! all the way!!!!!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Originally posted by: S3c70r
Just installed my CC CAI .. no need to relocate battery or Fuse Box ..

All intake are the same ..optimised ya sure and where did you get this ? because its another design ? Difference between GMK V1 V2 V3 Im sure NONE about fitment ..you cant expect more horse power because of the design .. they are all the same ... air filter is going at the same place and we need to cut a hole ..

To choose the right one ..choose the cheapest one since they will give you the same amount of power ..

Then how much AEM + GMK or only CC CAI

P.S. by the way ..the Short RAM wich is included in CC CAI is from a weapon-R just the same as any other brand name ..so please dont tell me that an extension is making a difference ..
lol, that's like saying all exhausts are the same, and make the same power. Design very much plays a roll, for anything. AEM for example has that bump in the midrange before leveling off ('aem' bump), Injen's for example are a little more linear in the power delivery. The Weapon-R filters are effing terrible for flow, and don't hold up well after continued usage in extreme conditions, a known fact...a very reason why they are narked on. I'm not saying differences are huge, but to say design doesn't play a roll is rather well, wrong.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
All i can help to see with basically anything these days it,"You get what you pay for" Easy as that!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Speaking of which (instead of making a new thread about it lol), how long did it take you gmk'ers to get your intake? I think im on my 4th week, it's killing me...must...have....lol

·
Registered
746 Posts
I just drove to his house and he installed it on the spot

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.