New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm talking mileage (30+), all weather capability (read winter), fun to drive, reliability, and cheap to fix, and cheap to own. Just curious :)

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
my IDEAL daily driver? one of these:

:cool:

something that fits your criteria? umm probably a Maxima or Solara or something :tongue:

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
A4 1.8T

any other questions?

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by: Fern
Where is Clear Lake? Is it a rural community or an urban community? Do you have kids? Is this going to be an additional vehicle or is this going to be your only vehicle?

Iowa, no kids yet, fairly rural especially going to work and this would be a primary vehical with something nasty in the garage for sunny days :)

M

·
0 Posts
Check my sig.....its not cheap to maintain, but sooo much fun to drive......best part, when the oil temp gauge shows a temp of 175 or high...that's happiness defined...

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
A bone stock MTX 97 civic- cheap, good milage, easy to fix-
A slightly tuned 95 supra- cost more to maintain, but good all around-

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
i think a 1.8T something or other (VW or Audi) would be perfect.

-- Small 4 cylinder when just driving normal, so gets good gas mileage
-- Turbo for when you want to play a little!

·
Registered
320 Posts
A Ford Focus, especially with stick and the 2.0 L 130 HP engine and sports package. Can get in 3 dr HB, 4 dr. sedan, 5 dr HB, and 4 dr. wagon. Can get used ones for a fair price if shop around, try car rental sales lots, many Ford dealers, get one off lease. With 130 hp engine, sports package, fun to throw around town, yet stable on the highway, even at faster than legal speeds. FWD = all weather ability. Plenty of room inside for kids, gear, yet small on outside for local, shopping driving. Reliabiity....well, it is a Ford, but choose later production 2001-2002 models to avoid some of recall problems. Of course, inspect fully, make sure car maintained. And at least it's not a ricer...lol...

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
My daily driver? I'll take a Lamborghini Murcielago with a TV in it, full limo tint, and a hot chick who is a mild nympho. That'd make my morning commutes and even traffic enjoyable

really tho...something like a 96-00 civic with a turbo, good audio, maybe a tv and nice suspension. power for open roads, control for curvy roads, and sounds and tv for traffic. good gas mileage and you can fix it with a hammer.

·
Registered
792 Posts
GTO.....Tons of power, great interior, RWD, 6-speed, 2-doors and 28 MPG. It is almost a perfect car to me. If it had a better transition of the c-pillar into the quarter panel, I think it would be the perfect daily driver.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Originally posted by: Miez
Check my sig.....its not cheap to maintain, but sooo much fun to drive......best part, when the oil temp gauge shows a temp of 175 or high...that's happiness defined...
why does your thread have my ip?????????????? tell me

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
how bout a 91 Black NSX with BADASS RIMS ON IT!!mayb like THIS!!

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
people he said IDEAL daily driver...not DREAM daily driver.

i would think he is looking for some actualy good advice for something that fits "daily driving" "Ideally"

:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes while those are all real nice cars, I'm thinking of something that I can throw on 50-60K a year on and not worry about dependability but also have a little sport in it as well.

That NSX is hot though, always loved those!

·
Premium Member
8,300 Posts
Depends on where you are in your life. For me, since I have a wife and a child in a car-seat, I require a 4 door. However, personal preference is performance oriented and well engineered. That leaves me with few choices, all German :)

Audi S4 (small back seat)
Audi RS6 (only 860 in the US and cost a fortune!)
BMW 540i (can get one used for around $20K)

If I had the money, I would no doubt get the RS6, but since that isn't the case, I would have to settle for a BMW ... poor me :banana:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts