New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to buy an intake for my car. I wanted to know if the complete weapon R intake kit with all three components thats 299 is really worth the 299 from custom cougars. If not what would be a good intake to have. I dont think i am going to have to worry bout heat soke much because i just ordered my cf predator hood. so it is vented... ANY IDEAS???

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have the weapon-r intake w/ all the setup, and would not recomend it. My cold air box didn't fit and I needed to "adjust" it alot.
If you are looking to spen that much, just get the GMK CAI, which will be a real cold air intake.

Just my .02 cents.

Gus.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the only reason i wouldnt get the gmk is all the mods required to put it in...such as relocating battery and fuse holder and so on and so on....thats the one thing thats got me stumped...and if i went with another intake could i not run some sort of hose to one of the many vents on the hood and have the air forced into the intake that way? to get a Tru RamAir effect

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by: St8LyRaVn
the only reason i wouldnt get the gmk is all the mods required to put it in...such as relocating battery and fuse holder and so on and so on....thats the one thing thats got me stumped...and if i went with another intake could i not run some sort of hose to one of the many vents on the hood and have the air forced into the intake that way? to get a Tru RamAir effect
If you have an automatic I can see your point, but then you are still better off with an AEM short ram than wasting your money on the rest of the weapon-r junk. I have it and don't like it. Do a search on the weapon-r intake and you should come up with the problems people ran into.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Short Ram will be fine if you have a predator hood. I had absolutely no issues with heatsoak this summer in temps near or a little above 100.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah, AEM. However, I do have the Injen and plan on a custom Powdercoated CAI. I have not had any issues with it since ive owned it.

edit: Also remove the upper plastic cover above your grill. It brings in more air into the engine bay w/ the predator.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts