New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what im currently doing

Well, ive decided to do a few addition on my escapade on body mods. Ive decided to get an 01/02 front and rear bumper and adapt my visteon front and razzi rears to them. Also going to get some 01/02 headlights and foglights. I am still looking for an 01/02 bumper, headlights and fogs...so hit me up if you have one for sale :biggrin: but here is an 02 bumper i got forsale the other day. For the razzis to fit, i had to cut the tab off them, where they orginally bolt onto the inner fender well. Ive also had to saw off the other end to match the contour of the 02' bumper, because they were about 2" too long. Currently i have one clamped down, and its curing with fusor 147 to bond them. When that is dry i am going to do some fiberglassing on the end, to make it flow with the sawed end, and fill in the gap between the bumper in the lip, to make it look like one continious piece.

Tomorrow is the other side of the bumper, and im also going to work on my fender tabs, aswell. Also going to call the body shop, about getting some dents in my rocker panel pulled out

Attachments

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
RE: what im currently doing

interesting.. should look pretty sweet if you can make it look like 1 solid piece... use Fusor 100EZ to fill all the areas (seams and gaps) so it looks it came that way - the 100EZ will not crack or expand at all.. it will flex with the bumper. Try to use it like you would with 147 - and try not to use glass and resin unless you have to.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RE:what im currently doing

Well heres an update on the rear bumper. Currently ive 147'ed both razzi lips to the bumper, ive started doing some body filling on the low/wavy spots. Now im using the Fusor 100 to mold the razzi lips to the 02 bumper. Ive also filled in the bumper handle, and license plate lights... i now need to sand and shape those down. This bumper is such a pain in my arse!! HAHA, overall this thing will end up being 35% of the work im doing.... Its so time consuming Im hoping by the end of this next week this bumper will be finished! I really need an air compressor / tank / sander so i think i will head to sears here soon and buyone.

Im also currently working on molding the plastic tabs to the fender itself, So those have been fusor 100'ed into place, and i need to go back and fill in a few of the low spots. The poor rear of my car has holes and is in primer :( Im also working on the tail light cover with the shaved keyhole... now i need to wait for my 02 front bumper/fogs to come in the mail so i can then fit the visteon lip onto that.. Overall, im hoping to have everything finished by X-mas and ready for paint. I still have a ton of work to do, but with the front and rear bumper done, that will be a lot of the work crossed off the list.

Here are pics:

Poor mahogany has seen her better days, right now shes riding around so ghetto - i just keep telling her shell look better in the end and thank me for it :biggrin:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,206 Posts

OWNED! LOL Had to just point it out!

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

fusor 100 rocks, its really easy to work with, and once hardened its strong as hell. It is hard to sand sand tho, but i will be getting an air compress/tank/orbital sander within the week, so that problem will be ruled out. Im hoping to have this bumper done within a week, it still needs a lot of work, but its slowly getting there.

Oh yeah, thanks mond for pointing that out :biggrin: It wont ever stay down, but when it does its only for a few minutes. Plus i have the wire for my radar running underneath that, so it doesnt help anymore as it is. But i dont think ive ever seen a cougar where that thing doesnt pop up?

·
Registered
3,206 Posts

Mine does it too when its really hot! :grouphug:

·
Registered
5,952 Posts

dude, your car is going to be amazing once finished. just dont drive around with all that primered [censored] everywhere for like 5 years, ok?

you have some very unique projects going on and i give you MAD props for doing it yourself. thats the way to go. the only one i dont like is the molding of the plastic into the fender. i personally think that little triange needs to be there to complete the half circle that the windows and mirror form. ive never been a fan of painting the plastic of the side view mirror. but like i said the rest will look AMAZING!

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

what im thinking about doing, is either body filling the rough texture of the mirror assembly and painting that body color, and leaving the carbon fiber caps on, or either fill in the roughness and give it that molded look like hotcat, without the carbon covers. I plan to finish this bumper by this weekend, and get it up in primer

The rear bumper, is about 50% finished. Tomorrow im going to fusor 100 a little more, it fill in the low spots, and mold in the razzis completely, and fix everything else with it in the following days, the rear, has had sooo much work into it, i swear this thing better not be damaged anytime soon.

I plan on only running around in primer until X-mas... that is when i plan on having everything done by. The biggest work will be the rear and front bumpers. I plan on ditching the visteon sides for a set of roush sides, to cover up the dents in my rocker panels and the big dent in my quarter panel on the passenger side. I would of course mold them to the car, im still debating on molding the visteon front to the 02 bumper. I will more than likely not, incase the worst situation happens, and i hit something, and the front gets damaged, so it is still removable/replaceable

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

well update time. I am nearly finished witt this bumper... lots of hard work and hard hours put into this thing. Another day or two of sanding and a little more filling and it will be ready for primer.

These pics make it look a little more rough that it actually is, plus it has sand dust ALL over it which makes it look even worse. But here we go, plus i have my 02 bumper fitted on aswell. That will be coming back off tomorrow, and i need to go buy some more fusor 100 to fill in the holes i drilled, plus the bottom edge to make it completely straight for the visteon lip to mount to. On a side note, this rear bumper has been nothing but a pain in my ass, it has atleast 10 problems i need to fix, i wish now that i would of spent a lot of extra cash, and got a perfect one from ford to save me atleast 12 man hours worth of work, but it is good experience.

Front Bumper Gap/Holes:

Car without front bumper or lights: haha

Attachments

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
looking sick dude , cant wait to see it at the mod meet

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.