New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. Well I've recently gotten my intake and now I'm looking to complete the trio and get some headers. I've mostly been looking foward to getting the Weapon R headers W/ eliminators for $412 something dollars. Recently I've the MSDS one's, though they are like $660 bucks, though I think they come with a hi flow Y pipe or something. I was wondering which of these offers the most performance, and is the better buy.

THanks, Aaron

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
Originally posted by: FrostCougar
MSDS
Yeah, MSDS is the ONLY way to go. After all, they don't call it Weapon Rice for nothin.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well hang on. I looked on MSDS's site and it says those types of headers can only fit the 99- or later catigory...Whats up with that crap. I've got a 00

·
Premium Member
12,347 Posts
Originally posted by: Aaron2336
Well hang on. I looked on MSDS's site and it says those types of headers can only fit the 99- or later catigory...Whats up with that crap. I've got a 00
uhhh, 2000 came after 1999. so therefore 00, 01, 02 are all later than 99. earlier=before, later= after

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
A 2000 Cougar will need the front and rear headers, the 3-bolt Y-pipe (since the stockie is a reaking crap pile in terms of flow), the hardware kit, and the MIL eliminators. Coating is up to you, I HIGHLY recommend it. All in all, you get what you pay for. The Weapon-cRap headers are a direct knock-off of Marty's design, and are made from inferior stainless steel, yada yada yada. I've ranted about this at least 5 times. Search if you'd like- MSDS is the one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My bad, it was a late night for me. So I guess I need the 660 dollar kit in all. Well I'll be saving for it after I get my GMk extension.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.