New Cougar Forum banner
4401 - 4420 of 4449 Posts

11,592 Posts
. . . apparently the last oil change was only 2679 miles ago, but that was in 2015! Oops.
The only crime I see is how little you drive your Cougar.

Reactions: LinkMan

2001 Laser Red V6 ATX
5,928 Posts

11,592 Posts
The state of Maryland has suspended the registration on my Cougar until such time as my insurance company lets them know that it was, in fact, insured from 4/1 through whatever, and that I do not, in fact, owe them $409. I'm getting irritated with my insurance company.

I'm sure somehow it's my fault because I'm sure there's something somewhere in the 30 pages of policy declarations that state I was responsible for confirming that the VIN was correct each and every time I got one of those documents.

Oh and they sent me new insurance cards...but not for the motorhome. I do hope they didn't cancel the insurance on that...

Sigh.

· Registered
201 Posts
Today I started tearing the interior apart in preparation for more body/paint work. Need the headliner out to fill in the hole for the antenna. Cannot for the life of me figure out how to get it loose from the sunroof after removing the rubber trim... Also not sure if it's just double sided tape along the front where the console piece goes or what, but it doesn't budge there either. Any ideas on that are welcome lol! Thinking about wrapping it and everything else tan in Alcantara while it's out.

Attachments

11,592 Posts
Insurance issue resolved. They hadn't dropped the motorhome, my agent sent me an updated policy declaration page, and it was still listed (along with the trailer, but we never get insurance cards for that). After they backdated the premium in their system, they notified the state that I had, in fact, had insurance on the vehicle during the time in question, and the state emailed me Friday to let me know everything was resolved and no further action was required.

The only thing we can figure for the premium drop is that the incorrect VIN was causing an issue somehow, and with the correct VIN the premium for the Cougar was correctly calculated.

Reactions: wadespencer99

· Administrator
20,413 Posts
Good news, RJ!

Today I started tearing the interior apart in preparation for more body/paint work. Need the headliner out to fill in the hole for the antenna. Cannot for the life of me figure out how to get it loose from the sunroof after removing the rubber trim... Also not sure if it's just double sided tape along the front where the console piece goes or what, but it doesn't budge there either. Any ideas on that are welcome lol! Thinking about wrapping it and everything else tan in Alcantara while it's out.
As far as I remember the headliner is only held in by the sunroof strip, the dome light housing, sun visors, A/B/C pillar trim, and the three clips at the back. It might have a light strip of glue on it, but it should drop right out.

· Premium Member
4,858 Posts
I got to see my Cougars last week. The yellow car is on a storage lot. I stopped by to start it up and there was a dead mouse behind the seat and turds all over the place. He probably died from the heat of being in the hot car. The car started right up and seemed to run fine although I didn't take it out on the road. So I cleaned every scrap of unnecessary everything out of the car, and left some decon and fabric softener sheets to hopefully avoid any more squatters.
The green car is stored at home but also in a high-rodent risk location so I put a bunch of dryer sheets in that one too. Its already pretty clean.

· Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
27,685 Posts
Reactions: mmc757

· Marge & GulfCat survived Hurricane Ian
424 Posts
Well, this is 2 weeks out-of-date, but I'VE GOT MY CAR OUT OF THE SHOP WITH MY ENGINE REBUILT! !!
On the road again :) :) :D.
Are we gonna have CougarFest in 2023? Pleeeeaaasssse.?

· Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
27,685 Posts
Aw, man we have GOT to do something now. Start making 2023 plans; maybe I'll have license plates by then...

· Premium Member
4,858 Posts
Well, this is 2 weeks out-of-date, but I'VE GOT MY CAR OUT OF THE SHOP WITH MY ENGINE REBUILT! !!
On the road again :) :) :D.
Are we gonna hsve CougarFest in 2023? Pleeeeaaasssseee.?
Thats amazing! You're probably the longest project that's actually gotten done around here!

2001 Laser Red V6 ATX
5,928 Posts
w00t! Congrats, Marge! (y)

Yes, 2023! Get your hazmat suits ready for the parking lot circle.

Reactions: wadespencer99

· Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
27,685 Posts
I'm always glad to try and organize something in Ohio. But I'd be fine driving anywhere, really.

I always liked the PA events, since it made things a little more manageable for Scullin Spero and RJ and the east-coast people. Indy was always cool, too. I guess we could really earnestly start planning something this winter...

· Premium Member
4,858 Posts
We know Columbus is nice because its easy for a lot of people, but question #1 should be how far Marge is willing to go. She's the furthest out of anyone who might show. I'll go anywhere if I have a running Cougar at the time, and maybe having an impending CF will help me get my car running.

· Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
27,685 Posts
We know Columbus is nice because its easy for a lot of people, but question #1 should be how far Marge is willing to go.
Marge has made some pretty epic drives over the years… I wouldn’t put anything past her.

11,592 Posts
I've been missing CougarFest, especially since I wasn't able to go to the last few that were actually held. 2023 might be possible, depends on the timing. Gotta get a bunch of work done to my car - clutch, air conditioner, and tires are the big three...

4401 - 4420 of 4449 Posts