New Cougar Forum banner
4301 - 4320 of 4325 Posts

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,844 Posts
It wasn’t too bad for me, but I have headers, so there is probably a little more room to move with those…

·
Premium Member
4,217 Posts
PS- What is the magic tool used to do the upstream O2 sensors? Pulling the engine comes to mind when I look at them stuffed in there far from reach....
A sensor socket with wrench flats on the end.
Camera accessory Cylinder Rim Tints and shades Auto part

It also seems to help to have a second person reaching up from underneath to guide the tools if you can swing it. Pulling the y-pipe helps if you're going to go that route.
The rear bank upper is the only tough one, all the others should be straight forward.

·
Premium Member
4,217 Posts
Walked out of Home Depot today and found two cart retrieval guys talking about my car. One of them liked it a lot, the other was skeptical. When I opened the hatch and they saw the cavern of space, guy #1 really fell in love! I showed them a picture of the green car and guy #2 got onboard.
She may be rusty and dirty, but she's still got a bit of the old magic left. :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
4,217 Posts
Hard to tell. Looks like it might get the angles you need, but I always have low expectations for a crows foot. You cant put a lot of torque on them.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,844 Posts
That tool isn't good for tight spaces because you only have 6 positions to go onto the sensor. You need a ratchet with a hundred little clicks to get it positioned just right.

This is what I normally use:

Rectangle Automotive tire Audio equipment Tool Cable

Of course there's only a 6-point socket, but the boss on the side uses a ratchet which you can turn any which way you want.

·
5,321 Posts
I have something similar to what B3NN3TT is showing, haven't had to use it on the Cougar yet, but it worked well on another vehicle.

·
Premium Member
4,217 Posts
I did my 270k oil change and installed some nice fresh clean headlights to get me through the winter.
I also learned that the front turn signal bulbs are not interchangeable between the 99 and the 01.
Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel
Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Motor vehicle Hood

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,844 Posts
Loaded it up on a trailer. Except the scrap yard is closed until after the 1st…

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,844 Posts
I still see good glass on there.
I would posit that there is still plenty of good stuff on there - but I don't want to store stuff I probably won't ever use, and I don't want to try and ship something that probably won't ever arrive intact. Cuttin' the rope.

·
Premium Member
4,217 Posts
I was wondering that too... :ROFLMAO:
I'm guessing there's a loader or backhoe or something like that on the property.

Reactions: wadespencer99

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,844 Posts
It was a roller when we loaded it. Pulled it on with a winch, and removed the wheels and tires after it was up. Creative use of a floor Jack to clear the sides when removing that stuff.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,844 Posts
END OF AN ERA -

Vehicle Sky Automotive tire Motor vehicle Asphalt

Tire Vehicle Sky Wheel Automotive tire

Sad that it had to be hauled to its final resting place by a chevy :(

Reactions: mmc757
4301 - 4320 of 4325 Posts