New Cougar Forum banner
4241 - 4256 of 4256 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,214 Posts
At work I have access to a 10 ton manual press and a 20 ton pneumatically actuated press, only one I have to blame for bad wheel bearings is me.

I just installed harbor freights "premium" float charger on the cougar, slightly higher current, but the best part is that it has SAE plugs and both alligator and ring terminal pigtails with fuses. So, now I can disconnect the float charger if I ever actually decide to drive it (hasn't moved under it's own power since early December 2016), and I can swap over to float charging my lawn mower battery too, though that'll probably just stay on one of the basic float chargers.

·
Administrator
15,563 Posts
[not a cougar]

I finally got around to installing the Ford Performance handling pack (lowering springs, new front struts and rear shocks) in my Fiesta, along with B3NN3TT’s SVT focus wheels. What a difference - both in looks and handling.
Wheel Land vehicle Tire Car Vehicle

·
Premium Member
4,084 Posts
[not a cougar]

I finally got around to installing the Ford Performance handling pack (lowering springs, new front struts and rear shocks) in my Fiesta, along with B3NN3T’s SVT focus wheels. What a difference - both in looks and handling.
View attachment 82084
Those look amazing!

·
Premium Member
4,084 Posts
Did my 265k oil change.
Replaced a brake light bulb.
Picked up some materials to make a new tie-down for my spare but didn't get it done. Maybe over the course of this week.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Fixed brake lights.

Not been on here for while and I am still trying to restore a 65 mustang with my / for my son. Anyway the brake lights went out on the cougar, not sure how long they were out before we noticed. I found a lot of useful ideas for trouble shooting on here to include the "bulb outage control module" which our 2002 does not appear to have btw (but I was planning to start there). Anyway turned out to just be the switch on the pedal and $20 at Autozone got us back on the road next day. Been a great car so far and I'm very grateful to this forum for helping us get it back on the road.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Did my 265k oil change.
Replaced a brake light bulb.
Picked up some materials to make a new tie-down for my spare but didn't get it done. Maybe over the course of this week.
That's really inspiring we have not hit 60K on our car. Really nice to know how long it could last with maintenance ( assuming rust does not get to the car)

·
Registered
385 Posts
Question as to whether the brake lights going out meant there were no brake lights at all? Or was it that the brake lights were on all the time? hopefully the latter. just nice to know for future reference.

Not been on here for while and I am still trying to restore a 65 mustang with my / for my son. Anyway the brake lights went out on the cougar, not sure how long they were out before we noticed. I found a lot of useful ideas for trouble shooting on here to include the "bulb outage control module" which our 2002 does not appear to have btw (but I was planning to start there). Anyway turned out to just be the switch on the pedal and $20 at Autozone got us back on the road next day. Been a great car so far and I'm very grateful to this forum for helping us get it back on the road.
[/QUOTE]

·
Premium Member
4,084 Posts
That's really inspiring we have not hit 60K on our car. Really nice to know how long it could last with maintenance ( assuming rust does not get to the car)
Original engine, transmission, and clutch!

·
Premium Member
4,084 Posts
That was a little thirstier than I thought :oops:
Vehicle registration plate Font Gas Electric blue Motor vehicle

My gas gauge is unreliable so I've been filling based on mileage.
I've also been using cash and with prices skyrocketing I guess my last fill-up wasn't actually full so this was a close call. I considered holding off another 30 miles, glad I didn't!

·
Premium Member
4,084 Posts
I tried this last night.
Morning fogging has been a pain the last couple of weeks so I cleaned the glass really well with Windex then tried this stuff. I found this stuff easier to polish and less greasy than Rain-X.
Morning #1 was pretty good. The fogging cleared up much quicker than usual and the wipers were much more effective. The remnants after the wipers beaded up and rolled away immediately.

Staying power TBD.
Brown Liquid Fluid Bottle Bottle cap

·
Registered
59 Posts
e brake lights going out meant there were no brake lights at all? Or was it that the brake lights were on all the time? hopefully the latter. just nice to know for future reference.
Sorry I'm not on here more often the break lights did not work at all. I have driven old cars for a long time and I look for the brake lights when I'm backing in to a spot etc. My son now knows this is pretty important to do. Fortunately we caught it and got it fixed without any incident.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Pulled the stupid alternator out. Funnest job of all on one of these. Got the new one bolted in but still gotta do all the crap I undid to get the alt out in the first place. That'll be another day.

·
Premium Member
4,084 Posts
I tried this last night.
Morning fogging has been a pain the last couple of weeks so I cleaned the glass really well with Windex then tried this stuff. I found this stuff easier to polish and less greasy than Rain-X.
Morning #1 was pretty good. The fogging cleared up much quicker than usual and the wipers were much more effective. The remnants after the wipers beaded up and rolled away immediately.

Staying power TBD.
View attachment 82163
I did this just in time. I spent probably 8 hours driving in the rain on Friday and its going to rain all week here apparently.
So far, I'm pretty happy with this stuff, although it seems to hold dirt in the section of the windshield where the wipers don't go. So my windshield has a dust halo around it. The rain beads right off though 🤷‍♂️

4241 - 4256 of 4256 Posts